WTS: New In Box D40 Kit

You may want to reconsider your asking price. Amazon has used D40 kits for $420 and less.

And ebay has two kits right now, one is 203.50 and the other is even less, but they are auctions and are bound to go higher. They have one "Buy it Now" for 359.00, but it is used.

Just letting you know, not trying to be rude.

Hack

Hack,

Thank you for your suggestion and civilized approach. I just dropped the price to $435 shipped, including paypal fees if that is the preferred payment method of the buyer.

This is a picture i posted on eBay 5 days ago and sold it yesterday for $395 free shipping....just saying.

IMG_0044-1.jpg

Included:
-Nikon D40x body
-AF-S DX 18-55mm lense
-USB and A/V cords
-battery charger
-Nikon carrying bag.
-Nikon remote shutter switch ML-L3
-Neck strap
-Lexar Platinum 4GB HCSD memory card

All in immaculate condition.

I bought my D40 kit on ebay, just about brand new (3,000 clicks, mint condition) for $305 with free shipping. That was 8 months ago. I just sold it, and they are going for $250-300 used on ebay. You MIGHT get $325 for it on a good day. Anyone with common sense will buy the D3000 for a little more money, because it's newer and updated

Tough time to sell as most people have their free cash tied up in Christmas gifts. Also, ebay is as unpredictable as it gets. I listed an item two weeks ago and didn't get a single bid. I relisted immediately and it sold with two bids for $20 higher than what I had it listed at originally.

The problem with ebay are the fees. Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping, you will be lucky to net $335 on that thing.

Tough time to sell as most people have their free cash tied up in Christmas gifts. Also, ebay is as unpredictable as it gets. I listed an item two weeks ago and didn't get a single bid. I relisted immediately and it sold with two bids for $20 higher than what I had it listed at originally.

The problem with ebay are the fees. Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping, you will be lucky to net $335 on that thing.

well eBay fees and paypal fees are about 6% total adn priority mail is 10.00 so about 40.00 total for fees and shipping. Those are called business expenses. You bought this to sell and make a profit most times if you net 15% you are doing great business.

dang this poor guy is getting bashed.
i think he gets the point. no need to keep at it.

I don't think anyone purposely meant to be rude. It's just that D40's really don't sell for all that much anymore, new or used. People just think they do because businesses are still asking for the same price as they retailed for years ago. Like I said in my previous post, look at the prices from individual sellers (eBay auctions, craigslist, etc.)... They're really cheap.

Even though there are camera's that are just upgraded D40's, most people would spend a little more for a newer model than spend a little less, yet a lot at the same time, for an old camera.

Consider yourself a lucky guy and the guy you sold it too,... scammed.

Who was this directed to Bram? You didn't quote anyone in particular, so your message makes no sense..........

well eBay fees and paypal fees are about 6% total adn priority mail is 10.00 so about 40.00 total for fees and shipping. Those are called business expenses. You bought this to sell and make a profit most times if you net 15% you are doing great business.

Actually Ebay final value fees are 9% up to a certain amount plus the listing fee plus the paypal fee. that is 3.3% Plus the shipping fee. so on $435.00 he would net about 365.00 roughly.

Who was this directed to Bram? You didn't quote anyone in particular, so your message makes no sense..........

Thanks fo proving my IQ point. re read what I said, The guy you sold it to. You were the person selling weren't you? Oh yeah you were!
Directed towards you.

Thanks fo proving my IQ point. re read what I said, The guy you sold it to. You were the person selling weren't you? Oh yeah you were!
Directed towards you.

The only thing you proved Bram was YOUR IQ. Take another look back through the thread. I am not the one who sold my camera. Another member offered an example of his experience with HIS sale.

You are a complete joke. Anyone with any common sense would have taken a quick look back through the thread before making themselves look like a complete idiot. Fine job my friend!

Directed towards you.

The only thing you proved Bram was YOUR IQ. Take another look back through the thread. I am not the one who sold my camera. Another member offered an example of his experience with HIS sale.

You are a complete joke. Anyone with any common sense would have taken a quick look back through the thread before making themselves look like a complete idiot. Fine job my friend!
:smileys::wav: I don't mean to instigate...But he got you BRAM...LOL

Directed towards you.

:smileys::wav: I don't mean to instigate...But he got you BRAM...LOL

He needs no instigation to practice the art of rebuttal...................he was doing fine untill his last post. His cheap personal attacks came around full circle and bit him in the a$$.

Hope everyone was entertained.......is there a way to close this ridiculous out of hand thread?

lol..

This guys asking price was alittle high but some of you ppl are jerks lol .

FYI, to the guy who said 40x is better.. LMAO @ ignorance
&
i sold my d40 used recently for 375 on shipped on ebay.
:shrug:

Most reactions

Back