What's new

WTS/WTT: Nikon AF (non-D) 85mm f/1.8

spudgunr

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Indiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know its been a while since I've posted here and I don't have that many posts, but I've got feedback elsewhere (ar15.com under this name have around 12 feedback including trades, ebay under abcdefg200 I have 76 feedback, some as seller). For cash I'll take paypal if you pay the fees (3%) or a postal money order.

I've got an 85mm autofocus f/1.8 nikon lens, non-D. $250 plus shipping. I'm not terribly interested in going less because KEH shows they'll give me $180-210 for it.

I'm willing to trade for the following items below (one of us adding cash as necessary to even the trade):

Sigma/Tamron/Tokina ultra wide (10-12mm at the wide end) zoom lenses, no circular fisheyes.
Sigma 20mm f/1.8
Nikon SB-600
Other? I'm mostly just interested in the above, I'm in need of a wide angle lens for indoor shooting.
 
I can't tell that it does a lot honestly. From what I've read the main thing it does is if what you are focusing on is a small part of the frame (or not under the focus point) then it helps the flash to fire at an appropriate level. If the subject is a decent part of the frame the camera SHOULD adjust the flash output to properly expose, though I think the D helps it to do that more easily.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it only benefits flash use in certain situations.
 
So, D is solely for flash output calculation? I always shoot my flash manual power adjustment anyway.
 
I'm not sure that thats ALL it does, but thats about all I've been able to figure out from reading multiple websites.
 
I'm not sure that thats ALL it does, but thats about all I've been able to figure out from reading multiple websites.

Actually it is. The D ha to do with the camera auto flash. This is a good deal on a good lens. IF I had the money I would snag it up in a heartbeat.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom