www.thecamerabox.com, How so cheap???

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
www.thecamerabox.com
I stumbled onto this site and noticed that almost all of their lenses sell for a couple hundred dollars less than any other site. I honestly could not find a single other site that matches their prices. Does anyone know of this site? I want to use them but, naturally, when I see a lens for $200 less than anywhere else I get suspicious. (They claim that none of the lenses are refurbished).
How could this be?
(I hope it's not too good to be true)

They seem to have a good rating HERE, so they might not be too bad.

I still recommend sticking with B&H, Adorama or a local store.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is :( and I almost got excited :)

I am curious because it seems legit.

How about you order the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 and then let me know how it all works out. If you get it with no problem, i'll follow!

:eek:)

Peer pressure... must.... resist.
(I am very tempted though because it does look legit....???)

I notice that they don't have a full selection of stuff (I checked the lenses). Maybe an overstock kinda thing. Hell, if you use a credit card, you can always do a charge-back. I might give it a shot. :)

Stay away!!! Bait and switchers big time!!! They even will send items not what you ordered (ie a different but similar model). They will send what they call equavilent items! Like a 4 gb sandisk 50x card instead of a 4gb Lexar 133x card! Read the actual replies on resellerratings.com! Full of grey market switcharoo's too. And of course the low low price items in stock. That is suddenly out of stock after they charge you for it!!

THE PRICES ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!! THAT IS YOUR WARNING SIGN!!

Ive used em, no probs at all. Only place i could find that had a nikon 18-55vr in stock

Most reactions

Back