.xmp

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what are those files you used for..i just started shooting in RAW and i see the .xmp file on my CF ...can i delete those or what?

When you open the RAW files and set the settings using the RAW converter for the JPEG an xmp file is made storing the changes you make - so that if you wish you can go back to the original from RAW settings you made a shot. I would keep them along with the RAW version of each shot - even after editing and saving in another formate - you never know when you might want to go back and start again

When you open the RAW files and set the settings using the RAW converter for the JPEG an xmp file is made storing the changes you make - so that if you wish you can go back to the original from RAW settings you made a shot. I would keep them along with the RAW version of each shot - even after editing and saving in another formate - you never know when you might want to go back and start again
so its basically the edited version of the raw file..but how is the xmp file opened..photoshop dosent to pick it up

nope - you just open the RAW again as normal and it automatically reads the xmp file and then presets the settings in the RAW to what you selected last time - you are then offered the chance to change these settings if you choose. This means that the RAW remains untouched - it can function without its xmp file and is not altered in any way

Most reactions

Back