XRAY

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It has been a long, long... LONG while since I've posted here. There are several reasons for that, the biggest culprit being life getting in the way of free time.

Anywhoo, there was occasion for me to dust off my camera the other day and exercise my "creativity" muscle. Granted, I'm nowhere near some of you folks on this forum, that's not to say I can't have fun.

This was taken for a very laid back "photo contest" on a different interwebz forum. The assignment was to "take a picture of a leaf".

Well, here is my leaf. Not really looking for C&C as much as I am just trying to get myself to make the time for some photography again, but please feel free to offer your advice.

I called it XRAY because I'm a simple person who is too lazy to come up with a more creative title. I really enjoyed taking this one, and am pleased with how it turned out.

15042798760_fbe3290d58_c.jpg

ETA Here is the the second version.

15065890717_c2263726f5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely different and cool effect. Nice job.

Glad your getting back in the swing, life tends to get in the way when you least expect it.

Definitely different and cool effect. Nice job.

Thanks!

I taped a leaf to a piece of glass and set it upright in front of my tripod. I took two exposures, on with a hand held flash in front of the leaf, and one through the back of the glass... Imported the images as layers on top of one another in PS and just removed the middle section to reveal the "xray portion" which was the exposure from behind the leaf.

I may redo this and spend more time processing the images, and cleaning it up a bit. There wasn't any other attention paid to these in post outside of the layers. They are both straight out of the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back