XYO shoot | C&C

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by nhilcissistic, Sep 27, 2015.

1. nhilcissistic

nhilcissistic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    First of all, thanks for all the tips that you guys have given me over these past few days that I've been a member of this forum. I learned A LOT. But of course, I have so much more to learn still. That is why, I hope you can critique my latest photoshoot (just did the shoot this afternoon). Here are the photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S.
    XYO is a non-existent clothing brand. I've thought of the name while working on a previous project and I liked it so much that I decided to use it whenever I shoot and design a magazine-like spread.

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are quite nicely done layouts for a clothing brand image.
    Lots of room for overtext
    Sharpness and exposure good.

On the first, hair and face are magnetic. I possible would have started her with her body facing a little more to her right and then turn into the camera so that her waist is more marked.
    And perhaps another shot with her right arm more wrapped; as it is, it looks a bit artificial to me.
    And a bit more space at the top for her head. (especially if she, and not the layout is important.)

The second has same nice sharpness and exposure.
    Perhaps a bit more warmth and saturation
    IMO, the glasses are too mechanical for her - and they hide her eyes which are really terrific.

Lucky you to have a setting and a model like her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nhilcissistic

nhilcissistic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I know the poses arent that strong so I guess I have to give better directions next time. This is my friend's first time to model as well, so it was a bit of a challenge for us to help her loosen up a bit and act natural.

Also, thanks for the tip about the crop for the first photo. I wasnt too sure about how to crop it, but you're right, I should have placed more space on the top of her head.