yashica camera (old school)

kimbie05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys

my manager gave me a yashica TL electro X camera that he had but never used. he figured i might be able to use it, being the photographer and all. but i've never even heard of yashicas.

anyone own one? or anyone that can give me any info or point me in the direction of useful websites/books??

thanks!

A TL Electro X was my very first SLR way back in 1975. It was very simple to operate, even for a newbie. All manual operation, pretty much bulletproof.

I sold it and bought a Yashica FR in 1977. I wish I'd kept the X. :)

kimbie05 said:
...i've never even heard of yashicas.

Wow. I guess they went away so quietly, I didn't even realize they were gone. The first serious camera I ever used was a twin lens Yashica. They sold a TON (maybe 2 tons) of their Matt 124 in the 70's, an entry level 120 camera.

It was a mostly respected brand then.

thanks so much!

ksmattfish- that website looks to be a big help, i saved it under "favorites" and will surely check it out later.

everyone else... perhaps i have never heard of them because i'm pretty young... born in 82! but it seems to be a pretty nice camera, so i will invest some time in figuring it out definitly.

you guys are the best, as always.

I have a YashicaMat 124G I need find time to mess with.....stupid tests. They just keep coming. 3 this week, and 4 next week. Sucks cause when i do have a minute to spend with a camera I want it to be fruitful so I end up just shooting with my 35mm. :(

I have a Yashica TLR 635 and an old FR and FRII those are all easy to use, not sure about yours though...

Ryan

thanks, guys. seems like that website matt posted is by far the most useful!

Most reactions

Back