Yay or Nay?

MReid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alloutdoor.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once in a while I take a photo that just frustrates me. This is a BUSY photo. For the life of my I cannot get it where I like it after several tries....work in progress ;).

So I decided to get creative with it and gave it some kind of out there (for me) processing. Wanted some opinions from others on whether you think this works.

I will say that at large sizes it looks pretty cool....to me any way.

So my question....Yay or Nay?

950D709809-2newtopazedited-1.jpg

It isn't HDR it is Topaz.
The tones were evened out prior to the effect being added. It adds mostly tonal contrast, which increases detail and evens the color out throughout the image.
Appreciate you taking the time to give your opionions....anybody else??
....really it is ok to hate it, my feelings won't be hurt.
.....but it is ok to like it also :).

Very powerful image but a lot going on. Love the reflection in the water. Maybe try cropping verticle to accent the reflection.

I can understand your frustration. The sky and the mountains make a perfect background. The tall mountain is in the right position and the water leads the viewer's eye into the photo. Having a foreground is also important in many landscape shots. Colours however look over-saturated and the photo appears to be over-sharpened as well.

The major problem however, which you cannot do anything about, is that there are too many rocks in the foreground, which makes the picture busy. If you crop out the rocks, you lose the water and reflections which contribute to the photo.

skieur

Yes very busy.
I tried cropping out that great background to simplify it and just make it the reflection which does simplify it...as I said "work in progress".
Maybe I will try cropping off the bottom third....that would solve a lot of my color problems with the original I am working on and make it substantially less busy,hmmmmm....

I like it, the mid-ground gets kind of lost for me. It is a little heavily processed but lots of people like that look. I think I would've liked the shot a bit more if the camera were closer to the ground.

Like everyone else said, way over processed.

How about making a couple of rocks in the foreground as the the subject and a graduated blur to the background.
I'd love to see the original.

Last edited:
Its an ongoing photo....Its a neverending...I like it just the way it is, busy and busy and neverending...go round and round and look at it again and keep looking and going again and again. Quite Unique!!!

I love the shot, the view is breathtaking and that you've included such a spectacular foreground really does make it BUT as others have mentioned it's just a bit too contasty and over sharpened. Converted to B&W?

I love the shot, the view is breathtaking and that you've included such a spectacular foreground really does make it BUT as others have mentioned it's just a bit too contasty and over sharpened. Converted to B&W?

Perish the thought!

skieur

HDR??? nice colour, nice composition. Good shoot.

This is incredible! I'm off to Nepal tomorrow and these are the sort of shots I really want to get. Im going trekking in the Himalayas so it should be amazing for photography! mind sharing the secret to these sort of shots, shutter speed? and is it HDR?

It's not too busy, it's just way overprocessed. Cool composition but the HDR look gives me a headache.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back