What's new

Yeah, a boat

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hesitated to post this because I don't usually try to take these kinds of pictures.
I'm not crazy about it but its the best boat, sunset, bridges, footsteps in the sand, reflection picture I took this trip.

And of course it's a tribute to the beautiful sensor on the D700. Give it a chance and the color rendition is lovely.

p1455835800-5.jpg
 
Lovely color butI would crop it so the bridge was no longer in the frame.
 
Hey Lew, I'm really glad you decided to post this. I personally love this photo, and I think I disagree with CB on this one. I love the new vs old symbolism of the traditional boat and modern bridge. For what it's worth, I wouldn't change a thing
 
Great shot, Lew!!
 
I really like the boat, the colours, and especially the curve of the water at the shore in the foreground, which makes the shot in my opinion. I like the bridge for its sense of place, but I don't think the image would have been weaker if you found a slightly different vantage point and left it out.
 
For me. this is all about the colours - yummy colours.

I think mishele has been here before you, and she has left her best "crop" on the beach !
Salt water and leather never go together....
 
I like the bridge too...... Crop the boat out :)
 
I really like the boat, the colours, and especially the curve of the water at the shore in the foreground, which makes the shot in my opinion. I like the bridge for its sense of place, but I don't think the image would have been weaker if you found a slightly different vantage point and left it out.

^ that.

Also that stick thing is sorta distracting, but ... meh.
 
I did bob and weave some to get a better view but the physical situation wouldn't work.
I was standing on the very end of an oil-soaked sand spit in a cove where lighters filled with diesel oil are unloaded. The crew pulls hoses across 150 yards of beach (and up a hill) to pump the diesel into 55 gallon drums. Exhausting for them, enlightening for me.
I just didn't want to stand deeper into the oily water and ruin my Teva sandals at the very start of my trip for shots that I'm not good at.

sandspit-_0790107.jpg


sandspit-_0790120.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom