Yeah, the Bokeh, the speed, the...... is nice. Do THEY notice?

I don't mind it at all - far worse is when they use the lines

"You've spent all that money on xyz camera gear and you still can't take a photo of (insert name of something highly impossible to take good photo of with you're gear - like a frame filling moon shot with a 50mm f1.2 lens)"

or

"You've spent all that cash and you still take forever to take the darn photo - just snap away and hurry up"

Individually, not so much. Side by side, absolutely. On it's own a corvette is a good looking car; parked next to a Bugatti it looks and feels cheap. Same thing with photos.

And just like with cars - when you compare them side by side you still ask yourself where the extra few £/$1000 in the price is going ;)

Then again I have to admit I can't understand why women need 50 different pairs of shoes - I mean seriously some are just the same shoe but in a different colour!*

*famous last words of a guy who owns one pair of shoes

I must be well off, I've three pairs and my slippers. The only reason I buy more expensive hardware really is for the build quality and weather sealing, I'm not too clumsy but I have managed to drop/knock off tables etc a few of my Nikons, only to find them working perfectly on pickup and also been out in horrendous weather, the cheaper consumer/entry level cameras are mostly plastic and would most likely fail after tumbling a few feet and a good soaking will murder most electronics. H

generally speaking, family friends avergae joe and and average jane.... well i dont think they notice. most will be oblivious to it.and bokeh! i dont think they even know of the notion.

people ask me for camera recommendations sometimes, (I am sure you guys also face this question regularly) when i recommend a dslr they get turned off immediately because they cant put it in their pockets.

some few that are interested you can point out some specifics i guess.
my 2 cents.

i always found certain types of bokeh pleasing and others not, but i never knew it was bokeh and related to DoF and focus points etc i just thought the guy went out there and through some magic was able to make the person in the background out of focus lol....

i also found certain use of shutter speeds very appealing, esp the streaky lights of cars and the light form cityscapes at night - but never understood how it all worked - the notion of exposure wasnt in my mind. but i could see when someone did it right and when someone didnt...

ignorance can be bliss lol cause now-a-days i know these things and somethings i yet can't replicate lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back