Yellagonga Regional Park

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I paid a visit to Yellagonga Regional Park here in Perth WA and got a few images of the historic buildings still left there.

Yellagonga 1.jpg

Yellagonga 2.jpg

Yellagonga 3.jpg

Nice pics. That building brings to mind my favorite movie about life in Australian during the late 19th century, "The Proposition." If anyone's never seen it I highly recommend it. Warning, it's not for the dainty.
I found this on you tube and guess what it shows right away. A nice looking little wetland park.

Thanks. Yes, The Proposition is definitely not for the faint hearted. It was written by Nick Cave so that explains a lot lol.

Another fantastic movie which is a darker take on Australian culture is "Wake in Fright". Made back in the sixties I think?

Thanks. Yes, The Proposition is definitely not for the faint hearted. It was written by Nick Cave so that explains a lot lol.

Another fantastic movie which is a darker take on Australian culture is "Wake in Fright". Made back in the sixties I think?
I have to ask, is that an old jail house or are the bars for some other reason?

I have to ask, is that an old jail house or are the bars for some other reason?
I think they are there to stop boofheads vandalising or shooting up in there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice shots!

In the first shot, if you squint your eyes, the rock pile looks like an old man sitting by the building. Nice shots.

Last edited:
Great set. :clap: I especially like the first image with the angled perspective and the upper graduated tint really enhances those magnificent warm colors of the setting sun! Great job!

In the first shot, if you squint your eyes, the rock pile looks like an old man sitting by the building. Nice shots.

Thanks. And well spotted. It does look like an old man.

Great set. :clap: I especially like the first image with the angled perspective and the upper graduated tint really enhances those magnificent warm colors of the setting sun! Great job!

Thank you.

Yes, when I first got there I was concentrating on shooting into the sunset but realised the sun was really bringing out the colours and textures of the building so switched to that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back