yellow leaves bending trunks (561kb)

David_Senesac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidsenesac.com
jordan_aspen.jpg

The above is from a 4x5 transparency of Provia 100F film that I exposed through my 90mm Caltar lens this fall early afternoon on October 5th near the Virginia Lakes Road in the Eastern Sierra Nevada. Autumn leaves in this grove of quaking aspen were a noticeably brighter yellow than those in nearby areas. Intermittent snow showers were passing through under overcast skies with temperatures in the high 20s. I came upon this spot with small green grass blades poking up through the fresh white snow crystals and these aesthetically bending tall trunks I knew I had something special. After setting up this composition wth the sun behind clouds above and to the right, I waited for a slight breeze to still and the clouds to thin enough to bump up my exposure to about EV12.8. I Photoshop processed this small flatbed scanned web image for a close match to my transparency, especially the highlight color balance.

For a downloadable freebe single page 2008 calendar with a Mono Lake dawn image background, go to my below website homepage and click on the obvious sub-page link. The simple instructions for printing it out with any home inkjet printer are on that sub-page.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back