Yellow Mustang

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A young man stores his Mustang II here, he had it out today so of course I had to grab my camera ;) He LOVES this car and I wanted to get a shot for him that really makes her shine but this car was his Dad's before it was his and unfortunately it has seen it's better days.

This was my first real go at using Lightroom from start to finish.

The clouds were making it like a big softbox outside and I love the light for the most part but ended up with a lot of shadow on the bottom half of the car.
I brought the shadows and midtones up a bit but left them a bit on the dark side to hide a lot of the wear that is on the black. Are they still too dark?

I wanted the car to really pop and brought the colours up also. Colours ok?

Would love to hear your thoughts on the processing and of course on the picture in general.

Thanks for taking a look !

My parents had a Mustang II!

Cool! It's a neat car, he is talking about fixing it up, I hope he does.

le bump for the morning peoples :)

I think with bringing up the colors you changed the overall white balance. The blacks are too clipped as you suggested, there is virtually no details left around the bottom of the car. The background has alot of distractions. I would move to the left more and position the car so is more along theat treeline with a cleaner background. Heres a quick edit.

$Mustang.jpg

I agree with Ryan's points. I think this might be one to experiment with selective desaturation on. Drop the background down to about 20% and let the car stand out.

I think with bringing up the colors you changed the overall white balance. The blacks are too clipped as you suggested, there is virtually no details left around the bottom of the car. The background has alot of distractions. I would move to the left more and position the car so is more along theat treeline with a cleaner background. Heres a quick edit.

View attachment 23517
Great input, thanks Ryan! That crop makes a HUGE difference alone, I think you are right, the car is a bit too orange in my version, I will definitely revisit the edit. He took the car to play with it for a while before the snow flies so when he brings it back I will position the car better to shoot it, this was where he left it when he went to get the temporary plates etc... lol
I agree with Ryan's points. I think this might be one to experiment with selective desaturation on. Drop the background down to about 20% and let the car stand out.
I will try that, I would imagine it would be easy to end up with a selective colour image so I shall be very very careful lol ;)

Most reactions

Back