YELLOW TINT

melissa32669

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had taken some photos at a wedding last year for fun and in some photos the dress had a yellow or amber glow to it. I am not sure if it was the lighting of the church, the light temp, or my white balance. Do you have any suggestion in the future how to avoid that "yellow" tint to the white dress?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

It could have been one or more of several different causes. Can you show us an example? Typically, church lighting is difficult.

I was using a cannon 10D with the pop up flash. I was shooting in the auto mode. Unfortunately I know longer have the photos. I can try to see if I have anything but I doubt it. Any advice you could give would be great!

How close were you? The pop up flash is not very powerful and is only effective within a limited range. The dress probably picked up a lot of the ambient light which was probably fairly yellowish. With the flash firing, the camera probably did a bad job of getting the WB right.

Shooting in RAW will allow you to adjust the WB setting, on the computer, rather than trying to get it perfect when shooting.

is almost impossible (with auto mode) to get it perfect white balance when shooting with digital indoor.....best to shoot in RAW and adjust afterward.....could save you a lot of timing trying to get the correct white balance in the first place

Most reactions

New Topics

Back