Not open for further replies.

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We “Goderators” don’t particularly care if you wonder aloud why a member has been banned, although the preference is to PM one of us about the matter.

But, when offering up opinions that don’t jive with each other, you guys turn things ugly very fast. It doesn’t matter if you’re arguing about photography or another member – the thread will be trashed if it goes south.

The takeaway here is: no one around here is that special that their presence can make or break a forum (and yes, that includes the moderating team). ;)

Deal with it!

I would like to add that it isn't always a matter of "one" comment in "one" thread that is the entire reason behind a disciplinary action, but instead, it is usually a culmination of comments with the final one just being the catalyst.

**** it's just the 'net...................turn off the computer and go outside. Here's a suggestion...............take a camera with you. :D

I'm sure other people saw the deleted thread over the weekend as I did. As site users I think we're going by what we see on here, there's no way to know what pm'ing might have been happening. I feel like going by what I read and what I've seen of how a board member typically interacts on here, someone being banned in this case made no sense to me. (And can't it be suspended or something instead of banned? unless it's a spammer that's blocked).

I saw that an Admin had stepped in and maybe it would help to have a staff person from the Forum Foundry take a more active role in participating. I'm sure that the mods and admins are taking a look at this and will continue to try to make it a good experience for everyone.

Hi Sharon, it actually is more of a suspension, the member is free to return when it expires. Unfortunately the way this forum software is set up it carries titles according to certain User groups, but that will disappear, as well. It does look confusing, I agree.

The FF admins are here quite a bit, but the mod team is an extension of the company, and handle the day to day items on TPF. Our collective goal is to keep TPF fun, informative, and free of spam or infighting. It is the last that remains the greatest challenge!

I am closing this thread since the issue has been resolved. I hope this has helped clarify it a bit! :)

Keep in mind, too, that unfortunately out of respect for the member in question we moderators can't really share the more intimate details of what happened. It just wouldn't be right. That invariably winds up looking like some dark hand of doom swooped in and did something horrible and left no trace... which really isn't what occurred, and really never is.

In the end, we all want EVERYONE to be able to be a part of what goes on here at TPF and to be a part of making TPF a positive experience for all involved, but at the end of the day we do have to also have folks understand that there are both rules and limits, and sometimes we have to take a firmer hand in reminding people of what those are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back