Yet Another 4th of July thread

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was a lovely late afternoon when I arrived at Regency Park eagerly awaiting the fireworks display. By the time I found my perch, the crowd was really starting to build, especially at the main viewing point.

_D307581.jpg

There were still some available spots in a less than desirable location, but should have given a nice viewing nonetheless.

_D307604.jpg

It was your typical gathering with the kids being kids and parents either letting them run loose or holding them back.

_D307610.jpg

Everyone was in a patriotic mood on the day. I'm sure this old gal was really smiling on the inside.

_D307614.jpg

I thought myself lucky to be able to have copped a squat right at the waters edge. I figured when the fireworks began in earnest, I would extend the tripod legs and be able to catch some nice reflections off the pond surface. That and also to get the crap at the shoreline out of frame.

_D307638.jpg

The NC Symphony was playing the usual John Phillip Sousa tunes and the rest to get our spirits in the mood for the celebration. (The ampitheater stage is through the woods if you were unsure)

_D307650.jpg

Mother Nature had a different plan for all of us and decided to give her version of fireworks. (Seemed that every time I released the remote button or wiped off the lens, that's when the really cool bolts of lightning hit :meh:)

_D307659.jpg

They officially called it off. Then the bottom fell out. The M25 didn't have anything on this moving parking lot trying to get out of the venue. I decided, along with a few others, just to wait under a buildings covered front and let the other fools waste their gas. :) After about 45 minutes, I went for the truck. The ride home was miserable, but I got home safe, but looked like a drowned rat. :lol:

_D307684.jpg

They rescheduled for tonight, but it was pi$$ing down rain a little while ago. I'm not bothering to go back.

It's good to see others had some really nice firework photos. Next year?!

Awwww, that's too bad! But this thread was entertaining nonetheless! The shot of the kids with the bubbles is wonderful, and I'm smitten with that last pic as well.

This was refreshing. I'd rather see this than the usual. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Anty and abraxas.

My thought was, if I didn't have any decent photos, at least tell a story. :lol:

Your indulgence is much appreciated.

Nice thread! You've got some great colors going on here. Where's the photo of you looking like a drowned rat? :)

Thanks so much for having a look and taking the time to comment Ajay.

Where's the photo of you looking like a drowned rat? :)
Hmmm.....

Will this do?
_D307750.jpg

It's a bit sad for a re-enactment, but the best I can do today my dear.

Oh, did I mention a couple of other funnies I saw on the day?

Seems like there were lots of hugs going about,
_D307615.jpg

The American flag was cerrtainly proudly on display.
_D307617.jpg

Kids picking their noses, mom's having a go at the soon-to-be-almost-teenagers. And the ones who know best to keep their mouth shut!

_D307619.jpg

:biggrin:

Thanks so much for having a look and taking the time to comment Ajay.

Hmmm.....

Will this do?

It's a bit sad for a re-enactment, but the best I can do today my dear.

Wow, you actually staged a re-enactment just for me!? :blushing: I feel so special! I think I'm gonna have to call you Poncho from now on! :)

Anything for you Ajay!

Did I mention that I was dru.......................f my tits. What does that mean?....

I hope he is home soon for you. I (we) are super impressed with their dedication to service. Nothing can impress me more than their service and dedication.

Anything for you Ajay!

I hope he is home soon for you. I (we) are super impressed with their dedication to service. Nothing can impress me more than their service and dedication.

Thanks, kundalini. I wasn't expecting such a nice sentiment from anyone tonight. :hugs:

Thanks, kundalini. I wasn't expecting such a nice sentiment from anyone tonight. :hugs:
Your man deserves every bit of it as much as you do......probably more so for you, but that's another story. Regardless of our opinions on these matters, (I hope) no one can deny the appreciation we (free loading citizens) have for those that serve. It's a job I can't do, but salute those that can and do.

Your man deserves every bit of it as much as you do......probably more so for you, but that's another story. Regardless of our opinions on these matters, (I hope) no one can deny the appreciation we (free loading citizens) have for those that serve. It's a job I can't do, but salute those that can and do.

Very much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back