Yet another leaf.

seven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Spotted this leaf on a new shingle, took a quick shot of it. I like it this way, but should I crop it so there's less space under the leaf?

goodonesmaller.jpg

Post your thoughts.

umm well if u leave it that way, i could imagine a list of dishes for a restaurant to be written underneath the leaf. :)

but to present the photo, i think you should crop it..as I was waiting for the picture to load (slow connection here), i was expecting SOMETHING to be in that space..

that's my opinion at least, lovely photo tho.

Thanks for the comment.

OTE everybody, if you wanted to alter it in any way.

This is how I like it cropped... I still like the other version better. anybody else mind taking a crack at it?

Edit: the other image was too big.

cropped9cd.jpg

goodonesmallercopycopycopy.jpg

I like the first crop of yours too, but personally I think that it was the top and left that weren't tight enough.

Alright, besides the crop, I messed around with the channel mixer of the leaf, as well as adjusting the hue of the background. It seemed a bit too red for me, and by making it more brown, I think the leaf pops out more. I hope you like what I did with it :)

I still kind of like the very first version better ... clarinetJWDs crop looks like some sort of letter head paper (if we keep the comparisons as in bobaabs post with the menu). IMO there is too few space top and left. But that's just my feeling. I like the image itself a lot, simple yet powerful ...

I'm very much with deveel on this one. I also like the original post by seven best of all. Texture of both leaf and wooden plank come out best, and the two crops either lose in sharpness or pleasingness, if there is such a word (and you can tell that this all is highly subjective, of course, all a matter of tastes - and tastes cannot be discussed, we say). "Letter-head" would not have occurred to me so readily, but I agree that this is what it looks like - to me it is too tightly cropped in Joe's (clarinetJWD's) version.

I think a crop somewhere between the original and clarinetJWD's would be perfect.

Great shot, the colour in the leaf is just great.

Travis -- I agree, really...
I guess my main thought was that I would rather it be equal space on the top left and top, rather than more on the left. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back