Yet Another Request for Camera Advice

Perhaps I am showing my love of simple beauty of form rather than specifications, but looking at, holding and taking a few photos with the GFX and X1D side-by-side, they are so very different. The GFX if industrial, fat, and unwieldy-appearing (but not functioning, where it is superb) where the X1D is sleek, solid art-sculpture looking and feeling. The GFX had similar controls as the X Pro2, whereas the X1D had the apparent simplicity of the Leica Q. Different approach and feel of use. Obviously, I do not eschew the aesthetics and controls of the Fuji, as I appear to be about to buy the X Pro2, but have to make peace with it more than I would with others I have mentioned. Reliable and feature-packed Audi SUV vs. Porsche Cayenne in style. Honda vs Volvo.
I was never a fan of the usual Hasselblad lenses on the 500CM that I had for awhile, as they seemed too "clinical" to me. Yes, they produced precise, detailed images, but I really don't enjoy any of my desert photos taken with them like I do those from the Rollei or Leica.
Yes, I admit that I am drawn to artful rather than precise, and I guess that shows in my choices. All of which is to say that I loved the feel and form of the X1D, but would need to be convinced that the lenses had the character that I prefer. And none of that speaks in any way to the details of the technology and features of each camera, as I am not in the market for one.

The love of "simple beauty", more art than precise, sleek, reliable and feature packed
what about the lens, your budget and the pictures . does that matter anymore?
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I shot film for decades. I have full frame digital cameras, micro four-thirds cameras and APS-C cameras. I found that APS-C is a good compromise between the image quality of full frame and the compact size of MFT. In particular, Fuji, with controls on top and aperture on the lenses has the feel and simplicity of the ol' film days. Great lenses, great build quality, sexy looks ... check out Fuji.

I shot film for decades. I have full frame digital cameras, micro four-thirds cameras and APS-C cameras. I found that APS-C is a good compromise between the image quality of full frame and the compact size of MFT. In particular, Fuji, with controls on top and aperture on the lenses has the feel and simplicity of the ol' film days. Great lenses, great build quality, sexy looks ... check out Fuji.
YES!

So you're getting a Nikon D750 with the FREE Nikon battery grip, for $1,499 then, right?

Are grips worth having. I was not given the free option on my 750, course I was free to buy one.

Patiently waiting for one of the Fuji Rebate events...
and waiting...
and waiting...

Most reactions

Back