yoda

Pilgrim: you gave me a headache. :wink:

Sobi: next time just explain your theme was animal noses, and everyone will say what a perfect shot it was. :D

You can also say "soft focus". In my opinion the photo seems to be a tender cat moment revealing it's elusive tender side. oh yea, the license plate of my jeep is F64.

ok... so my 2.8 was on the right track, but that is referred to as greater DOF. At least I would have gotten the right results.....

took another one of him the other day and thought i would share. not sure why i liked this one so much, but i do. :? :)

DSC00238.JPG

I wanna try and say this aperture thing in simpler terms. The first thing to clear up is a common misconception. When someone talks about the smallest possible aperture they can mean two different things. Either the number of the stop or the size of the opening.

In this situation sid was talking about hte size of the opening. The larger the size of the opening the smaller the number. (If you ever get ocnfused take a lense off and look through it while you move the aperture ring.

If that confused you to, no fear, I've got a simpler explanation that leaves the technical stuff out and simply says the results. The smaller the number the small the DOF (the distance of what is in focus in your picture). So an aperture of 22 is almost infinity DOf while 2.8 is very small. the actual distance of this depends on other factors. Hope this helped.

P.S. - Heres another little tid-bit to help ya out. What do you do when theres something out in the distance you can't see? You squint your eyes, thus increasing the depth of field. Therefore the smaller the size of the hole in the lense (bigger number) the bigger the DOF.

Good luck to yall

Most reactions

New Topics

Back