Yongnuo filters ?

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd call $22 for a 72mm CPOL super-cheap, especially compared to better known brands such as B+W, Heliopan and Singh-Ray! That said, while I'm sure Yongnuo doesn't actually make them, I would assume that they would have to be at least mediocre before they'd put their name on it. If you can afford something a little higher up, say the multi-coated Tiffen & Hoya ranges, that would, IMO, be a better choice, but expect these would be okay-ish.

I'm spending $60 on a 82mm CPL and I still think THAT'S cheap. ;)

I'd call $22 for a 72mm CPOL super-cheap, especially compared to better known brands such as B+W, Heliopan and Singh-Ray! That said, while I'm sure Yongnuo doesn't actually make them, I would assume that they would have to be at least mediocre before they'd put their name on it. If you can afford something a little higher up, say the multi-coated Tiffen & Hoya ranges, that would, IMO, be a better choice, but expect these would be okay-ish.

I try to buy B+W.
My 2 CPLs are B+W (67 & 72mm).. i was able to nab cheap on eBay

I'm looking for some NDs though.

I nabbed a cheap Nikon brand ND4 on eBay for my 72mm 24-85/2.8

but I realized a few weeks ago on a trip I was trying to grab pictures from a dam waterfall, well a dam thing. I mean one of those things built to stop water and let it out in a engineered fashion. I wanted to get the water in a more flowing fashion instead of just a quick shot. It was super bright out and stopping down didn't work. So I'm in search of a set of NDs. I already saw where the cheap variables make this weird "X" on the frame. I'm not adverse to stacking them either.

I'll look into Hoya or TIffen if I can't nab a B+W or Heliopan for cheap (cheap comparatively to what they normally sell for).

but to stack, what are a good option to get. a 2 stop and a 3 stop, or 4 stop ? I'm still researching the NDs so it's a bit confusing.

I'm spending $60 on a 82mm CPL and I still think THAT'S cheap. ;)

I noticed the bigger they get the exponentially more expensive they get !!

I nabbed this several months ago
My 67mm B+W CPL was $55 (for my kit 18-105 for the d7000)
and the 52mm B+W CPL slimline was $48 - for my 50mm/1.8 AFD, 24mm/2.8 AF

so many options .. get a large filter and a step up ring .... but be careful on wide angle ...

I think Santa is already bringing me a 72mm CPL for another lens, that i already sold (whoops)...but having so many different sized thread rings is annoying. I'll be returning it for the 82mm.

Like why is Tamron's 24-70 2.8 82mm, but the 70-200 2.8 I'll be getting next 77mm? at least I can use a 77-82mm step-up, but lose the hood.

ahh .. I found B+W's description of their filters ironically on their website. Who 'da thunk ??

All the numbers confused me. But what is a good combination to have to start out with ?

B+W Neutral Density Filters attenuate the light by 1, 2, 3, 6, or 10 f-stops. This is beneficial to achieve the correct exposure when the brightness of the subject is still too high for the fastest shutter speed and the smallest aperture, or for that "cotton candy" look to streams and waterfalls.ND.3 (101) = 1 stop compensation
ND.3 (101) = 1 stop compensation
ND.6 (102) = 2 stops compensation
ND.9 (103) = 3 stops compensation
ND1.8 (106) = 6 stops compensation
ND3.0 (110) = 10 stops compensation

Most reactions

Back