Looking for advice on ND filters

True, you may not need 2 or so but even at that, most of the cokin rings on B&H are about $15.00, so that is a savings and you have pretty much any you need. Plus as Sparky said, you can find out if you would use them or not.
True... but they're usually less than $5.00 on Craig's List! ;)

True, you may not need 2 or so but even at that, most of the cokin rings on B&H are about $15.00, so that is a savings and you have pretty much any you need. Plus as Sparky said, you can find out if you would use them or not.
True... but they're usually less than $5.00 on Craig's List! ;)

Okay, so I get what everyone is saying. So here is the idea, buy this for $20, keep the 2 you need and sell the rest for $5 each and you will MAKE money to put toward new glass filters.

You need a 58mm solid ND filter? I have one and have zero use for it-no 58mm filter threads. I'm thinking it's 10 stops or so, but it isn't marked. If you want it, it's yours, just send me your address.

Thanks but sadly I only have a 67mm lens :(

Thank you for all the info guys I'll have to see what I can find.

That's the same reason I'm not using it. Good luck, though. My wife has... a 62 and a 67. Still no help. :lol:

So I went ahead and ordered #10 (roughly 12.8 stops) welding glass, a 67-77mm step up ring, and some epoxy. I'm going to try to make it into a decent "budget" ND filter and see how it goes. I'll make a little DIY thread when I get everything together. Pretty excited to see how it works out!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back