Yongnuo YN-622N

photoguy67

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was reading on the yongnuo yn-622n as a radio trigger for my Nikon d7200 and sb-700. I think it would work very well for what I want, but I also have a sb-26 I would like to control. Would this trigger be able to control the sb-26 also? I know it will not ttl, but didn't know if I would be able to control it as a manual setting or would I have to use the manual controls on the flash head itself and use the trigger as a "dumb" trigger? Thanks for the kind answers.

There's no reason the YN622 can't manually trigger ANY flash.

The SB-26 has optical slave function. Adjust the power manually.

My yongnuo 622n triggers fire my yongnuo, neewer, and nikon flashes.
They even work with TTL on all of my flashes, even the neewer.
They worked just fine for my sb24's and sb28 although the flashes had to be used manually.

My yongnuo 622n triggers fire my yongnuo, neewer, and nikon flashes.
They even work with TTL on all of my flashes, even the neewer.
They worked just fine for my sb24's and sb28 although the flashes had to be used manually.
That was what I was mainly looking for. Guess I will just be using on manual, kinda what I expected but was hoping for more. Thanks everyone!

haha......i'm lazy,and just toying/learning flash,but i just set them on full power and adj. aperature.I'm using the 603n's.Might be bad advise

might be... :586:

Nikon SB-XX flash units are not Nikon CLS compatible. (CLS - Creative Lighting System)
CLS uses Nikon's i-TTL communication protocol.
SB-XX flash units use Nikon's older D-TTL communication protocol.
Nikon TTL History - What is TTL D-TTL iTTL

Optical slave unit triggering does not require a communications protocol.

I knew they aren't ttl compatible, just didn't know if I would be able to set the manual adjustments through the 622 or if I had to set the flash and use it as a dumb trigger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back