What's new

Yorkshire Photographs

ChrisLarner

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 6, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
Location
England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are great shots! I'm sure the memories of taking them will stay with you forever. I would sell a kidney to have things like this to shoot near me.

Having said that here are some technical things I might have tried or worked on.

Image 1: The portrait view isn't doing much for this one. The sky/clouds are just not that interesting. If there were some dramatic cloud formations it would be better but as it is I would have probably gone landscape, tilted my view (or knelt down) and tried to get more of the interaction between the water and the shore.

Image 2: This is a bit sterile, which is solely a function of the light I think. Some nice warm early morning or late evening light would have done a lot for this. Also, this shot would be a good candidate for a night shot I'll bet. If the building has exterior lighting a tripod and a full moon would be magical.

Image 3: As is, the only thing I can nit-pick is that I would try to let the lake shore split the frame horizontally. It's centered a shade high it looks like. A small crop of the bottom edge would be easy to do. Try it and see what you think. It looks like this building is in a little valley, so I don't know if getting the warm morning/evening light is feasible. If not, you've probably done about as well as can be done here.
 
Wow thanks mrgiggls, the feedback was great couldn't ask for better!
 
I agree, going landscape in #1 would have been better, you could have included more of those cliffs on the left hand side, as well as more of the shoreline. I also agree about #2; one thing that bugs me is that the tree on the left of the frame is slightly cut off. I would pivot the camera a little bit to the left for that. It would also move the building more to the right, which would be a stronger composition in my opinion. No biggie though, I'm just being nitpicky. #3 is definitely my favorite! Nice shots!
 
Thank you tkot, very appreciative of the feedback. I will work on improving the composition thanks!
 
I like the first one the best, only if it was in landscape or if sky was cropped. It's too flat.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom