You Are Not A Photographer...

PhotoWrangler

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.themodernmutt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has this been posted? It was forwarded to me a week or two ago. I love reading the comments. Its a good laugh.

You Are Not a Photographer

[excerpt]

Image HERE

Ginger: “This photo physically makes my eyes hurt, I feel like I need to cross my eyes to focus them enough to even see this poor bride. You really have to wonder what look they were trying to achieve. I will also never understand why people don’t consider what is in the background before they start firing off shots. Would it have been too much effort to move the table and chairs or I don’t know shoot somewhere else?”
Mary Anne: “At least you can barely make out anything identifiable about the bride. She can easily deny it’s her. I know this isn’t “You Are Not a Florist,” but oh those bouquets are frightful.”

Last edited:
By embedding this photo instead of posting a mere link to it, it is easily suggested that this one's your photo! I'm not sure you really want this idea to spread!?!

BWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thanks a lot there.... I was late to work because of this one.

Wow, do I feel a WHOLE lot better about my mediocre images after looking at that trash... there's hope for me after all!

:lmao:

I hope my pics never show up on that blog...........

WoW! Fun find!

Thanks.

While these are funny and my initial reaction is to laugh........I also feel like saying who are they hurting? If they enjoy it and it makes them happy who cares? The people who go to someone with those pictures in their portfolio would obviously not be willing to pay "Real Professional" prices. So....let them take their pictures.

I had a "friend" on Facebook post this on her wall and I couldn't help but feel a little sad and hurt by it. She didn't specifically call me out obviously but as a new photographer and someone whose goal is to have a small business doing portrait work I hate feeling that judged by people. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

While these are funny and my initial reaction is to laugh........I also feel like saying who are they hurting? If they enjoy it and it makes them happy who cares? The people who go to someone with those pictures in their portfolio would obviously not be willing to pay "Real Professional" prices. So....let them take their pictures.

I had a "friend" on Facebook post this on her wall and I couldn't help but feel a little sad and hurt by it. She didn't specifically call me out obviously but as a new photographer and someone whose goal is to have a small business doing portrait work I hate feeling that judged by people. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Ugh! There's always one. If you can't laugh at your own mediocre images, you wont learn anything. Get over it.

as a new photographer and someone whose goal is to have a small business doing portrait work I hate feeling that judged by people.

If you expect people to pay you for your trade, you'd better get used to it.

Not trying to be rude, just stating a fact.

If you expect people to pay you for your trade, you'd better get used to it.

Not trying to be rude, just stating a fact.

How bout simply walking out the door in the morning?... You don't even have to HAVE a business. You're judged when you're simply sitting at a red light.

Ugh! There's always one. If you can't laugh at your own mediocre images, you wont learn anything. Get over it.

If it makes me a bad person to not want to judge others well then I guess I am. Man I keep coming back to this forum because of the great information but really most of you people are SUPER rude.

I am not saying my portraits shouldn't be judged. Obviously someone will look at it and judge whether or not they want to come to me and use my skills. My POINT is that if you DON'T like my portraits why make fun of them?

ARGGGG. Seriously you guys could use a lesson in tact.

And just to point out I KNOW my portraits are WAY better then any of those........so I don't feel like mine are being judged that way. I am just trying to stand up for the person who doesn't know they are being ripped to shreds by complete strangers.

www.facebook.com/SawyerCreekPhotography

Oh my god... The maternity shot in the Coor's Light shirt is absolutely terrible. Good find, though! It's amusing :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back