You Ate My Dog photo shoot

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a session with the band You Ate My Dog from Stockholm, Sweden. They wanted photos that were a bit similar to my Saving Joshua shots, if anyone remembers those. Anyways, this is one of the two shots. I don't know if I'll post the other one. Maybe later when it's finished.

img3454loap2.jpg

I love the tones on this image. What are you doing in post to achieve this look, or is it all lighting? what was your set up?

Great shot and PP
I really enjoy your shots

I love your style! the lights, contrast, colour...It's all perfect! Could you share the secret? Please?

Great! Love the PP and the shot itself...really catchy.

Thanks all. I don't want to give away all the secrets ;) But I can tell you I used 3 studio lights, evened out contrasts in the Raw convertion and have done a lot dodging and burning.

i hope to one day take shots like this - very much into band photography. excellent shot. I love everything about this

Youre one of the photographers I look up to.

Great shot.

I like it very much!

One tiny thing, about the stretched hand, at the middle-right:
I'd make the the finger stick out better over the thumb. It looks like a twisted finger at first glance.

i hope to one day take shots like this - very much into band photography. excellent shot. I love everything about this
Hehe I haven't even been shooting for 2 years yet. All I did was to buy studio lights early and began experimenting. And you also have to be pretty childish to take pictures like this one I think. ;)

Youre one of the photographers I look up to.

Great shot.
Wow, thanks a lot. :)

I like it very much!

One tiny thing, about the stretched hand, at the middle-right:
I'd make the the finger stick out better over the thumb. It looks like a twisted finger at first glance.
You're right! Hadn't thought of that. Thanks. :)

OMG! LOVE IT! So funny :) Great pic...
Haha thanks!

This shot puts me in mind of the old advertising style of the '50s...you know, like the old Life magazine. Great mood. Great shot!

I don't want to give away all the secrets

I'm wondering why. Now, there may be reasons that I just don't understand...but why? This is a photographers forum...all sharing to get better. Unless this was a tongue-in-cheek comment...more of a joke comment...I don't understand why you wouldn't want to be very forthcoming about your "secrets". And hey, I don't think you're alone, so it just may be me, but I don't understand the why of it.

I want people to think for themselves. If I was to explain how I achieve this look I would have to do a step by step tutorial and I just won't do that. If you want a tutorial go buy Joey Lawrence's tutorial. I've learned everything myself. If people just try to let go of the thought that everything is HDR then you'll get pictures like this too after a few months of practice. ;P Like I said, studio lighting, raw convertion and a lot of dodging and burning. Now go google. ;)

Most reactions

Back