You have pets? What was (is) your weirdest pet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Mitica100, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Shoulda bought some players at the "Rangers fire sale". :lol:

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Growing up in Edmonton, I though Glen Sather was the smartest guy in Hockey. Turns out, he got lucky...he had a group of hall-of-famers together when they were all 17-19 years old.

Now, with all the money in the world. The Ranger just can't get it done. It's sad really.

Let's all enjoy the last few games and the playoffs, it may be the last NHL hockey we see in a long time.

3. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have two cats, but neither of them play hockey. One thinks he's a dog, though. I'm not kidding. Drives me nuts at times, but I love 'im.

4. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

lol nice..how does he think he is a dog?

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Yeah, I never really did figure out what the whole deal is with the coming work stoppage. Is it all about money issues? Why are they so dead certain that it'll happen?

I shudder to think of what will happen to the fan base, especially in some of the new-market and off-market cities. Will teams like phoenix and columbus and nashville survive once play does start up again? :|

6. Big Mike

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not in-the-know with all this NHL / NHLPA stuff but there are a couple of issues. I think that a salary cap is needed, especially for small market teams to survive. If teams like the Rangers are going to pay a bazillion dollars for crappy players, the Oilers have no chance of keeping any good players.

Oh, are we off topic? Back to pets then...I got bit by one of my snakes for the first time last night. Wasn't painful but it does not tickle either. A little blood and some purple swelling is all I have to show for it. It was my most docile snake too...just goes to show you, everyone has a bad day.

7. graigdavis

graigdavis TPF Noob!

I think we should give them salarys like the rest of us working folk. I think they should also get a 4% raise depending on their effort and all through the year. I wonder how many people would play then? Maybe we would have a smaller league consisting of guys that truly love the sport.

8. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I agree. I'd GLADLY take my $32K a year for playing hockey or soccer or what-have-you rather than teaching. And I love to teach.

I agree also about a smaller league. That being said, I also think hockey is one of the last refuges of athletes who (for the most part) still DO play for love of the sport. I remember a few years ago there was a guy (I think he played for detroit) who broke his ankle in a playoff game. He taped it up and played the rest of the playoffs on it. Tell that to some NFL loser who sits 6 weeks with 'turf toe' or an NBA player who sits a month with a 'sore shoulder'. :roll:

9. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

:cheer:

OH MAN I love you guys...I totally agree with both of you, now adays its just how much you can make with the sport. Most of them are over paid babies who have a sprit of talent every now and then. I think back in the good old days when they hardly wore any gear and goalies had just a glove and a bandaid for leg pads, those were the real players..they played for the love of the game.

I would so play for like 20-30k a year just to play...heck Im paying the leagues to play...although I'm to old and the wrong sex to play pro..lol and you have to have talent..dang I'm 0-3 lol

10. Big Mike

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, :) at least hockey players are real sportsmen. Most of them anyway.

Every time I get my hair cut, my barber tells me that all pro athletes should only get paid when they win. Why pay them the same if they win or loose every game? Then we would see some effort!

I have never like Hasek, but you have got to love that he gave back or refused most of his pay for this year when he found out that his injury would keep him out.

You don't see that from guys like Allen Iverson in the NBA. He refused to play in a game simply because the coach didn't start him.

11. GimpyPoop

GimpyPoop TPF Noob!

Yo,
    Oh geeze, my house is a zoo! We used to have a dog, she's new in the garage, in an urn. Next to her, is her son's urn . . . we kind of took him in after my cousin left the state for college.
    We've had 2 guinea pigs, 3 rabbits, a crapload of gerbils - all dead and buried in my backyard, ha ha.
    Now we have:
    4 indoor cats
    1 outdoor cat - our neighbor's, but they don't want him anymore and were planning to euthanize him, so we took him
    1 mourning dove - we found him when he was a baby and took him in since outdoor cat has a knack for killing things
    2 gerbils - I got a second batch and they are all that remain
    1 bunny
    1 rat - also rescued from my front yard, he is obviously a domesticated rat (I can tell from the markings), but he was abandoned. Maybe because he was half blind, now he is completely blind.
    Also numerous fish of course!
    Me, the Flea

12. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

He follows me around all day, begs for attention, licks me all the time, and there are other non-specific things about his personality that just remind me more of a dog than any of the other cats I've known.