You little shi......

stev

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These pictures are incredible! I am not a professional, but my thought is if you can clearly see the hairs on ANY type of bug, it is a fantastic macro! Good work!

Macro work is hard... I just got my first macro lens and it really does take some skill and patience. I actually have the same Tamron 90mm lens as you, just in the Canon mount.

I like #2 and #5 the most. The composition is better on those 2 than the others, background is less distracting, etc.

How did you light these?

Macro work is hard...

How did you light these?

Thanks guys.

Is hard alright haha

Pic were taken in my room, so just bounce the light off the ceiling.

FYI didnt use any lights for pic 4 & 5

Last edited:
great job liked the pics bugs make for hard models lol you did good .:)

Not bad. A few things you can do different. I looked at your exif data for number 4. Shot at f/16 1/100 iso 320. Lower your F stop to between f/11-f/13. If your using flash get the shutter speed up to 1/200. Pretty much the only way your going to get the entire picture in focus is by photo stacking. Im told diffraction kicks in around f/16 depending on the lens so I try to stay away from that. Keep shooting.

Macro work is hard...

How did you light these?

Thanks guys.

Is hard alright haha

Pic were taken in my room, so just bounce the light off the ceiling.

FYI didnt use any lights for pic 4 & 5

Awesome pics but um.....you keep bee's in your room? You do know they sting right? hahah OUCH!

You did well. #5 is best because it does not have distracting background.

I too prefer #5...

To my eyes on this laptop screen it looks a hair faded... Perhaps a slight adjustment of the levels to make the bug "POP" a bit more?

Original
5081633359_28a9eddc37.jpg

My very light edit
5081633359_28a9eddc37.jpg

^ Like the edit bus

(tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro)
How much did this lens cost? I am investigating different lenses but know nothing about which brand is better, etc.

I got mine from adorama.com's used store for $300. They're all pretty good, Sigma 105 is nice too, and Canon's 100mm usm is also highly rated.

Not bad. A few things you can do different. I looked at your exif data for number 4. Shot at f/16 1/100 iso 320. Lower your F stop to between f/11-f/13. If your using flash get the shutter speed up to 1/200. Pretty much the only way your going to get the entire picture in focus is by photo stacking. Im told diffraction kicks in around f/16 depending on the lens so I try to stay away from that. Keep shooting.

Thanks for the tips, will keep that in mind.

[/QUOTE]
Awesome pics but um.....you keep bee's in your room? You do know they sting right? hahah OUCH![/QUOTE]

:lol: na i found it half dead in the garden so i took it to my room and got the cmera out hah...

You did well. #5 is best because it does not have distracting background.

I too prefer #5...

To my eyes on this laptop screen it looks a hair faded... Perhaps a slight adjustment of the levels to make the bug "POP" a bit more?

"Original pic"

"My very light edit"

^ I like :thumbup:

I got mine from adorama.com's used store for $300. They're all pretty good, Sigma 105 is nice too, and Canon's 100mm usm is also highly rated.

I got mine on ebay for $330 :x

Most reactions

New Topics

Back