Young Alligator

DanV1317

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw this while i was walking through the mangroves in Naples, FL. This was my first time trying out my new sigma 70-200. I am really new to photography, so i was still doing some practicing working with the bright sunlight and different shadows casted by the trees or the grass along the mangroves. Helpful criticism is appreciated. Thanks
Dan

IMG_1523.jpg

Isn't there a rule with aligator that if you see a young, the mother isn't too far behind?

I don't like the tennis ball in there, other then a relation to the size of the little guy.

Ha, i never even noticed the tennis ball there. There are alot of older people who play tennis there. That kind of sucks, ruins the picture now that i see it. You shouldn't have pointed it out, it would have made me feel better about the picture!

It seems overexposed for my taste. I think I may have actually underexposed this on by -2/3 (along with one @ +/- 0EV). It looks like mid-day so it may be the harsh lighting messing with my eyes. It just doesn't seem as though the gator stands out in the picture enough for me that's all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back