Young mother & triplets.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife called out to me "come see this". Mama skunk with three babies in tow coming towards the house. I grabbed a camera & went outside but to my dismay they made a hasty retreat & this was the best I got of them before they disappeared in the long grass.

IMG_4219sm.jpg

Later, one of the youngsters came out to explore on it's own & I got a few shots of this lovely creature up close.

IMG_4227sm.jpg

IMG_4226sm.jpg

IMG_4229sm.jpg

Oh wow... you really get up close and personal with nature there, hmm? These guys are seriously cute. I'll have to show my daughter. For a short period of time she was asking for a skunk as a pet. Uhhhh, no. I don't think so. She also happens to rather like the odor of skunk instead of finding it unpleasant as most of us do. I read some time ago about some olfactory research indicating that this (finding the odor of skunks pleasant) to be a genetic trait. Thought it was interesting. Who knew?

I thought I smelled something!!! Cool shots. I hope it was with a really big zoom with a tele extender or two! LOL

Gina, get a young one & have it decented & you got a sweet ***** cat. I know of folk who had one as a pet that was allowed indoors that was not fixed. I guess it is a matter of trust on both sides.

Edit, why would the forum edit a describer of a sweet cat? It started with P & ended with Y.

Last edited:
Gah I have a phobia of skunks! They're cute in pictures, better you than me 4' away :lol:

Those are good shots but I kind of think I would have been running the other way !

Gina, get a young one & have it decented & you got a sweet ***** cat. I know of folk who had one as a pet that was allowed indoors that was not fixed. I guess it is a matter of trust on both sides.

Edit, why would the forum edit a describer of a sweet cat? It started with P & ended with Y.

Yeah, my dad and step mom had one for a pet when I was a kid. They are pretty cool as long as you don't have young kids. They can get aggressive and downright mean. The biggest thing I remember about them is they really like to dig and if you don't give them something to dig they'll dig everything, including carpet, hardwood floors, ect.

I'm disappointed in you Ron, I clicked on the thread hoping to see some newborn shots and what I get is skunks. That title is misleading, you should've added cute to that title!
:lol:

Most reactions

Back