Your Best Motorcycle Shots

p594415607-4.jpg

flipsidestudio,
I'll have to go back and look at the metadata on that photo to refresh my memory on my shutter speed and aperature, but what kinds of settings would you have used to shoot that shot? I was having a hard time getting it all to balance out, finally I used my stock flash to light up the bike, so the sunset didn't look bleached...

Any suggestions?

luv supermoto ^^^^

nice shots

luv supermoto ^^^^

nice shots

Thanks, sucks that they aren't coming back to St. Louis this year. I went to the AMA website, and it looks like they only run 8 or 10 races a year. Last year there was a great turn out, I would say close to 15,000 were there for the races.

Last edited:
One of a friends 636, not happy at all with the WB, the lights made it come out very yellow and orange, long exposure was cool though.

-Ian

2671952694_8dd8e65453_b.jpg

Great shot Ian, I really like the colours and composition on this one... although I'm not really a Kawasaki fan at all..... ;-)

Sass

This my bike I bought a couple of years ago when I first moved to Melbourne....

Honda ST1300
original.jpg

Sass.

awesome road to photograph in, little fill flash and youre set. nice bike.

flipsidestudio,
I'll have to go back and look at the metadata on that photo to refresh my memory on my shutter speed and aperature, but what kinds of settings would you have used to shoot that shot? I was having a hard time getting it all to balance out, finally I used my stock flash to light up the bike, so the sunset didn't look bleached...

Any suggestions?
Well my first question is do you have a tripod and were you using it? If so, expose for both the sunset and the bike in separate images and merge them like you would with other HDR photos. If you don't want to do that, then definitely expose for the bike, after all thats why you're there. Waiting longer for the sun to go down will even things out as well. You'll need a longer shutter speed though.

Well my first question is do you have a tripod and were you using it? If so, expose for both the sunset and the bike in separate images and merge them like you would with other HDR photos.

Yes, I was using a tripod. Regarding merging images, I'd assume you're referring to using photoshop to merge... if there's a different method that you're referring to, please elaborate... thanks!

Some from me...

p62639053-4.jpg

p251105696-4.jpg

And my favorite of all....Me....
l_bf67fc0267beea5a1407eb9a939b6657.jpg

^ Thats a cool shot! I'm diggin' the sparks off the knee.

I've Only shot one bike so I guess its my best..
10.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back