Your "Darn I missed it" moment?

Becky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well everyones had that terrible oh maaan I wish I had my camera with me/why its in my bag and not in my hand.....type moment!

Whats your worst been?! :blushing:

That one shot that would have made your life so much better and you missed! :lol:

Sorry I probably should have posted this is the Photographic Discussion section... if someone would do the honors of moving it that would be splendid ;)

Can't think of one particular moment but many have involved my cat.:cat:

She does ridiculously bizarre things and i keep missing them.

The only way to capture them, ive concluded, would be to have my camera surgically attached to my head.

Unfortuaantely this raises its own set of problems. Including ridicule and musculatory problems in the upper back and neck.

Ditto, it was a lot easier with my compact digital but since I'm not so keen on it anymore I'm taking my SLR everywhere, even to work in case of a good shot on the way!! :mrgreen:

I carry two bags with me (one with the D70 and N70 and the other with lenses) to work and they sit in my office, locked away most of the day. Sometimes I go out to the cemetary next to the building and take pictures of graves or the frogs in the pond. That's also just in case. :D

Well, I don't know if I've missed anything life-altering. ;) BUT - just last night I was sitting on the patio and suddenly a hummingbird appeared in front of me - not 2 feet away. I froze so he'd hang around, and he was definitely checking me out, moving up and down, tilting his head - almost scratching his head. I think I looked strange to him in my lime-colored t-shirt. :lol:

He then flitted over to the feeder and took a long drink, allowing me plenty of time to set up and fire off some good images. He would have been a perfect capture - IF I'd been sitting out there with the camera at the ready. :x

:slaps hand on forehead:

Just had one of those last night at the St. Louis Cardinals game...Edmonds caught an AMAZING catch, right after I had just finished taking a different shot and put my camera away since it was a few moments before time to leave :(

Me too! I've always got a camera with me. I like to bring my 10D but it's in a big backpack and I get tired of carrying it around. So, I'll just grab one of the point and shoots and bring that along instead. :mrgreen:

yeah i was taking a walk going to get the mail and i live near a river lots of bald eagles and there is one flying to a tree with a big fish in his hand i could have killed myself now i too carry my camera EVERYWHERE

hahaha we're a right obsessional bunch, but really I'm like noooooooo, but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I can't BELIEVE I missed that shot. It gets to me so much lol!!!! :D

I was driving to work last spring and I passed by a field full of cows. Well, one of these cows had it's entire head stuck though the fence just so it could eat the grass growing next to the road. It was hilarious! And I had no camera :(

Also, everytime I go out looking for the egrets that call the rice fields near my house home, there are none to be found. Driving to work or coming home from work they're everywhere. I bring my camera with me and they all mysteriously go elsewhere for the day. Go figure. Those birds mock me I tell you! :lol:

The only instance that I clearly remember is when I went shopping (and why would I bring any camera to the shop?) when I saw workmen renewing the floor in a stable across the street (yes, we live in the boonies!). And for some reason they could not transport their material (still liquid concrete of a kind) into the building other than carrying yokes. True enough! Yokes. In Germany. Two buckets on each side hanging from the yoke on their shoulders. This is so rare a sight in my country, I have only seen it ONCE.
Then.
Never before. Never again.
And my camera was at home.

Not that photographing the scene would have changed my life.
But it is still nagging at me - two years after it happened.

I always have a moment of anxiety after just seeing a beautiful once-in-a-lifetime shot. The only thing I wish I had photographed more is my children. Right from the pregnancy to their first smile and spit bubble. I was married unprepared and a camera was the farthest thing from our minds at the time. Now my kids are 12 and 10. Those early years are gone forever and those are the shots I wished I had. For those that have a camera and are expecting, you can never shoot too many rolls of film, you won't regret it like i do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back