Your favorite shot

I have alot of pictures that I like, and would like to frame, and hang up, it's just that I don't get around to it.

Ditto!
though I need few more years to realy get "lots".
I really must get this printing thing worked out oneday!

Ditto!
though I need few more years to realy get "lots".
I really must get this printing thing worked out oneday!

Lose hope all ye who enter here. :)

I found printing (and printing well) to be just as much of a pandora's box as an external flash unit. I probably have 20 prints of various sizes in my closet because I find it hard to just tear up money I spent, but I wasn't satisfied with them enough to hang them.

I have a few that I would like to hang, but my wife decorates the home, so unless it matches something she wants, they won't get hung. That'll change once we get a bigger place and I get my own space. Though, she has a couple photos I took on her desk at work.

I have about 7-8 prints. The only problem is that I have them all custom framed which runs around $250 every time I want a picture framed. So my selection process is quite intense. I have a lot of pictures that I think are "great," but great just doesn't cut it for a wall. hahaha.

This should be a goal for all of us. Its time to give our work some respect. If you don't have your own work properly displayed, make it a goal to do so by year end. BTW - get your files archived as well. Make time. (That means you, Roey! - haha!

Peace,

Roey.

Yes lots in the hall and all the way up the stairs my partner is going spare
2 of my favourites

188061368_mXdTz-M.jpg

188043117_ZSJPr-M.jpg

I have some photos that I have taken that I wouldn't mind hanging on my walls but for the best quality prints, how would you print them? Do you print the photos yourself using your own printer? Or do you use a store to print you photos for you? If you use a store, which is the best one?

I have some photos that I have taken that I wouldn't mind hanging on my walls but for the best quality prints, how would you print them? Do you print the photos yourself using your own printer? Or do you use a store to print you photos for you? If you use a store, which is the best one?

Im going to have walmart print one of the ones I like. They seem to do a good job printing them.

Thanks for all the responce, I thought I was the only one that wanted to frame a photo of mine hahaha. Glad to see others doing the same.

+1 on the where to go question. Is it necessary to go to an amazing place, or will walmart do the same (sounds like a dumb question?..)

Mark

omg....

Walmart..... REALLY?

REALLY?

Shame on anyone who thinks WALMART does a good job.

Often, the lab tech's there don't care to turn off auto correction on their printers, and if you ask them not to correct, they'll most likely ignore it, because what do they care, it's not like they're hurting for business. So something that looks correct on your monitor, will look f***ed up in the print as a result because there's so many orders, they can't take the time to make sure the results are there.

Usually camera stores, and the more pro-oriented the better, will easily surpass the quality of walmart.

I work at a Ritz right next to a Target, and we get people all the time who get pictures printed at target, and then swing by us asking if it looks right. We reprint it without the auto correction, and the difference is night and day. Not only in color accuracy, but in acuity as well, because the Fuji's or Noritsu's that Target use, do too much sharpening, and it ruins pictures.

Also, investigate on what printers the local stores use for enlargements. We use Epson 7800's with their premium 5 star papers for anything larger then 8x12. That's archival, damn near fine art quality. You can't beat that in a 1 hour joint.

Even on the 4x6's, the difference is ridiculous.

I was thinking about framing my sunflower shot. How do I post the picture here???

I have a handful that are on my walls - most of them from traveling - India, Dubai, and Australia. :)

Most of my "proud of this one" pictures I use as my computer desktop. This is my current desktop:
DSC_0176.JPG

I have 3 at the moment. This one is one of my favorites. I really don't know why.

3335896401_4f6cc4e3f8_b.jpg

This is the one I have that's 24x36 on my wall at work... (this rendition of it isn't perfect, but it's close)

Boston%20Night%20-%2020080611%20-%20Trinity%20Church%20-%20007%20-%20tpf.jpg

Most reactions

Back