Your favourite word

Hertz van Rental said:
I've always liked the sound of 'elbow' - has a sensuous quality.

How strange, so have i.... i was going to write elbow here last night but i thought people may find it too wierd. So at least i know i'm not........ or am .... and we're both wierd!?

I also like the word Arcane.

I personnally hate the sound of "raspberry"

And i don't really have a favorite word.... sometimes i just happen to catch a word or an expression that i like and i'm stuck on it for a couple days.
ah, now that i think of it, i quite like the sound of "metamorphosis" when you say it slowly.

my favorite word is 'bogart' though I don't say it that much anymore

I've always thought the word yellow looks funny if you stare at it for a while. :lol:

Alison said:
I've always thought the word yellow looks funny if you stare at it for a while. :lol:
All words look funny if you stare at them long enough.
It works if you repeat them over and over too. Say a word to yourself enough times and it seems to lose all meaning.

for me... all the english words look funny... especially now... -> see "party here" thread :p

bantor said:
I say if 'a', 'an', 'eh', 'na', and several other small words are actual words then 'hm' should be one to. It is used more often then alot of other words so why not?

ermm "na" is not a word. Just because words are short doesnt make them as valid as others. "A" and "an" are words. "hm" is a sound. You wouldn't write a sentence with "hm" in. or maybe you would but it isn't a word.

would you write it in dialog? becasue if you would I think it classifies as a word, as well as the fact that is is a widly known and used. I am not going to argue the fact that i think it is a word and you think it is not, beacuse niether of us is going to budge.

Most reactions

Back