Your favourite word

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
I am not to sure why, but i decided to start a thread and see what peoples favorite/most often said words are.

Most often said:
Indeed
Hm

Favourite:
Topiary
Fork

Rahb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
IMPEDIMENT

as in speech impediment. It just rolls off my tounge and it is probably the fastest 4 syllable word I can say. I don't know why.

OP
bantor

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
Daniel said:
What's that?

My favourite word of the moment is -

Esoteric.

Defintion of Hm- an word (or sound actually) used to verbalize such fellings as: Confusion, intrigue, anger, understanding, and several others.

ex. Jimmy says "can you pass the untrapulates?" you say "Hm?" meaning you don't understand what a untrapulate is (it is of course a made up word).

"Hm" is also used in as a synonym for many other words and phrases such as yes, indeed, please repeat your last statment, you make no sence, that is a good point but i don't fully agree, and in the case of repeating it several times consecutivly (hmhmhmhmhmmm) can be used as a synical or magnaminiacal laugh.

The word "hm" has many more uses than what i just listed, in fact i am sure there are more uses being implemented daily.

And that is why i like the word "hm", and use it daily.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
favorite word - HYBRID dont know why, it just is

most used word - FUMBLEMUNCHER

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
I've always liked the sound of 'elbow' - has a sensuous quality.
Funniest word - 'gusset'.

I do use labio-dental fricatives rather a lot in conversation - and I know what they mean. You'll have to look it up :mrgreen:

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
bantor said:
Defintion of Hm- an word (or sound actually) used to verbalize such fellings as: Confusion, intrigue, anger, understanding, and several others.

ex. Jimmy says "can you pass the untrapulates?" you say "Hm?" meaning you don't understand what a untrapulate is (it is of course a made up word).

"Hm" is also used in as a synonym for many other words and phrases such as yes, indeed, please repeat your last statment, you make no sence, that is a good point but i don't fully agree, and in the case of repeating it several times consecutivly (hmhmhmhmhmmm) can be used as a synical or magnaminiacal laugh.

The word "hm" has many more uses than what i just listed, in fact i am sure there are more uses being implemented daily.

And that is why i like the word "hm", and use it daily.

That's very much not a word.

I love the sound of battleaxe

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics