Your suggestions on lens 19-35mm or 70-300mm range

andkiich

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What I have:
Nikon N90s with 35-70mm lens and SB-22 speedlight.

I plan in the next couple of months to get the D50.

I am undecided on what lens I should get. I was looking at lenses in the 19-35mm and 70-300mm range, and that they would work with both camera bodies. I do understand that the G type lenses will be limited on the N90s, but am only going to use that as a backup once I get the D50.

I do a lot of nature and landscape phorography, so I don't know which size I should get first? Ultimately I will have to decide, but I would not mind some suggestions from the forum members. I do have tight budget considerations, so I would like to keep the price under $300 for each lens.

First, which should I get, the wide or the telezoom?
Second, on a budget, which brand?

I have been looking at Nikon, Sigma and Tamron glass.

Thank you.

What are you going to be shooting primarily? Nature/landscape is pretty broad. Are you going to shooting wildlife? Large expanses of land, or sea, or sky? Each of those focal lengths is different. Ideally, you'd want both. The decision is yours as to which is more important to you now.

As far as brands, each brand makes great glass, and consumer. Pick out a focal length you want, and review the different brand lenses that fit.

Right now my main focus is landscapes and large expanses. I intend on getting lenses in both of the ranges listed, but because I am a relative noob in the photo world, I am asking for experienced advice.

Later on I may decide to get more into wildlife shots. Most of the ones(wildlife) I have now have been luck and happenstance.

I can only afford one lens at a time, and then I have to save up for the next.
Thanks for the help.

I was recently looking at some reviews of the 70-300 and was told on more than one occasion to consider the older 75-300 that Nikon made.

I do not have first hand experience with either lens, just passing along what I had just read.

70-300 a great lense, if you want the d50 kit lense works well, if you are willing to spend a bit more you can get a 18-200 dx vr nikor zoom

Sorry i posted on wrong thread

kemplefan said:
70-300 a great lense

I need to find some shots from it. I really like the price on it and would love ot be able to push out to 300 with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back