Zack

Mr_Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My friend Zack cam over somewhat unannounced and he wanted some pictures done, so I got out my Canon 5D and Mark II N and got some really great black and white shots. My room isn't clean, so please excuse the clutter. Anyways, comments welcome.
zack2small2ek.jpg

zack3small2sk.jpg

zack4small4iu.jpg

zack5small2nw.jpg

Neat shots. The first one is cool.
Welcome to the forum BTW

#s 1 & 2 are best of the group, I like the of composition of both of them (go angles), but what I don’t like about them is in #2 is the soft focus, & #1 one is the background clutter :thumbup:

Jeff Canes said:
#s 1 & 2 are best of the group, I like the of composition of both of them (go angles), but what I don’t like about them is in #2 is the soft focus, & #1 one is the background clutter :thumbup:
I know what you mean. If I weren't such a tenager, my room would have probably been much less distracting. Or if I was in a studio, for that matter.

About the sharpness, did you shoot these in Raw & JPG mode, I have a 1D MIIn have noticed that in this mode the JPGs seem not as sharp if you down size a larger JPG in PS

PS a teen with that kind of equipment should be able to afford a clear room

Jeff Canes said:
About the sharpness, did you shoot these in Raw & JPG mode, I have a 1D MIIn have noticed that in this mode the JPGs seem not as sharp if you down size a larger JPG in PS

PS a teen with that kind of equipment should be able to afford a clear room
Yeah, I've noticed some sharpness problems here and there, but I think in this case, Zack just moved and I didn't quite have a fast enough shutter speed.
I know I should have tidied up a bit or even thorwn a sheet or something over all my crap in the background, but the thought didn't strike me at the time.

nice shots. I prefer the last as it sees to be a candid shot. I think the messy room adds character to the photos, especially since it is somewhat out of focus and therefore doesnt distract from the overall picture. Good job and welcome to TPF!

immski said:
nice shots. I prefer the last as it sees to be a candid shot. I think the messy room adds character to the photos, especially since it is somewhat out of focus and therefore doesnt distract from the overall picture. Good job and welcome to TPF!
Thanks for the welcome and the comments.

Most reactions

Back