zenit et no.resistance on lever film.roll

jovy dizon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, so i bought my first ever vintage camera and its zenit et. its a used camera and the condition is good,but after changing it to my 4th film i.noticed that theres no resistance in the film roll lever when i shot 3 times. so i continue shooting it until i felt the resistance but my film just runout. im on my 6th film and still.the same. do you guys have any idea what to do or how to fix these thing at home? i wish you could help me. thank you.

I looked up that Zenit model and it looks like the film counter is a wheel to the right of the shutter release button. Is that moving and showing the number changing each time to release the shutter (take a picture)? It should be moving.

The other thing you could check is with NO film in the camera, leave the back open, and release the shutter button as you would when you take pictures, and see if the spool on the right is moving. That spool should turn to advance film every time you take a photo, and the film counter should change too each time. Keep doing that with no film and watch to see if it does that every time or if it sometimes misses and doesn't advance.

You could also try it with an already exposed roll of film if you have some developed that didn't turn out and the film wasn't cut into strips. If you haven't gotten it all developed yet, you could give the lab a roll you shot when the camera tension didn't feel like it was changing, and ask them to develop it and leave the roll uncut. That way you'd have a roll of negatives that didn't turn out to experiment and not worry about ruining good negatives. You could try running that roll thru the camera with the back open and see if it seems to be advancing with film in it.

Usually using an SLR I can feel the tension changing and when it's getting near the end of the roll.

thank you for the response and advice i will try to do those things,i hope everything works out fine,because i really wanted practice more on the film camera..i really do appreciate your reply.

Hi, i tried doing what you said, i open the back too with film inside to see if turns,the spool on the right is turning,but theres still no tension felt even in my 6th shot. and the spool on the rewind lever is turning too when i turn the lever film..so i dont know where the problem is.

Most reactions

Back