Zomei 1-8 Stop ND filter

Delfuego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that this filter is not the best ND filter out there. I kept hearing that some of these have some kind of x-issue and this manufacturer claims that it does not have that problem. But, I wanted to try an ND filter at the beach because the last time I took pictures at the beach, in the mid-day sun, all of my pictures were getting blown out even though I had my camera at ISO 100, SS of 1/4000, and f22. Then, when I tried using my off-camera flash for fill flash, my D5300 limited me to 1/200 making everything worse. Anyway, I clicked add to my Amazon cart and it got here the day before my trip to the beach.

So, on Sunday, I decided to go out to the beach...and it was overcast. AGH!!!! So, my review, not that it would have been great, will have to wait until I go back when the sun comes out. I did put it on and noticed that the exposure would go down between 1.5 to 9 stops. But, I thought it was too dark outside to use it. I am planning to use this filter with my Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon 35mm 1.8 (with step down ring), and my new go to lens which is the Nikon 18-140mm 3.5-5.6. Oh, don't laugh, but the Zomei ND filter was less than $40.

Delfuego
Nikon D5300
Nikon 18-140mm 3.5-5.6
Nikon 35mm 1.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Yongnuo Flash 685 and trigger

Most reactions

New Topics

Back