Zoo, Advice?

Sherm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went with the family to the zoo. Attached a few shots...I hope. Any positive/negative comments for a beginner are appreciated. Still working on my DoF. I see that #1,2,4 have way too much going on in the background.

Only adjustment made is cropping. All shot with Canon Xsi. Butterflies Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II. Bear and Monkey Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

Butterfly by NS828, on Flickr

Butterfly II by NS828, on Flickr

Monkey by NS828, on Flickr

Polar Bear by NS828, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Love #3.. He looks a little underexposed to me, but I'm still learning so someone might say differently. It's still a cute picture!

TamiAz, note that this is a back lit shot ... so either the highlights get blown out or the shadows get black ... it is not so easy to find the balance, and I think it is OK in that image.

That is the problem with the Polar Bear shot ... extremes in light and shadow with direct sunlight.

TamiAz - Thanks. I see what you are saying about the exposure. I think it may have to do with the fur and head shape as they all came out that way.
Sun was coming right at me with the polar bear. Does a circular polarizing filter help with the polar bear shot?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back