Zoo Attempt

cyoubx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to photography in general! I just recently started picking it up seriously and I hope to make it a lifelong hobby.
I went to a local zoo a couple days ago hoping to grab some awesome shots. Looking at them on the computer, they seemed really underwhelming. I think part of it is that I have awful composition.

Would anyone be willing to give me advice on these images? They aren't good, but I'm hoping I at least have a start! Uploading on Flickr is taking awhile. I will update this post as more photos are added.

These are a couple I would particularly like critique on. Thank you in advance!

I really like both shots but the second really tells a story. Not speaking from a technical standpoint, I like both images a lot.

ETA: That green spot to the left of the tiger is a bit distracting.

Beautiful photography and clicks.

I really like the second shot, it is very provoking. The first one if the tiger had been looking up more to see more of his/her face it would of had greater impact and the green spot is distracting. If you want more high impact photos, maybe try action photos where the animal is playing or eating, as these tend to look more real to me personally.

You are doing a great job keep it up.

I iike both shots.

The second shot is by far the better.
Having the primate scrunched in the corner implies a whole bunch of things about captivity, loneliness, etc.

However, you clipped off his feet - for no artistic reason - and thus this looks badly framed.

Thank you, everyone! I've learned a lot already.

That green spot to the left of the tiger is a bit distracting.
I honestly didn't even notice that before and now I can't unsee it. It's driving me nuts. Would it be fair game to remove it in Photoshop? Or would that be considered "cheating?"

If you want more high impact photos, maybe try action photos where the animal is playing or eating, as these tend to look more real to me personally.
Thank you for this! I had no idea how to make the photos come to life and this will help a ton.

However, you clipped off his feet - for no artistic reason - and thus this looks badly framed.
I wish I could have gotten a better angle but it was very crowded and the orangutan didn't stay for long. I had trouble with the framing on this. There was a piece of litter directly by its foot. I thought the image would have more impact without the litter.

Below is the original file saved as a jpeg. Please feel free to edit it! I'm not sure what framing would work best. Thank you!

I like the expression on the second (B&W) but it looks like you cropped a little too much on the bottom.

8855094589_3e46613370_ollllll.jpg~original

That green spot to the left of the tiger is a bit distracting.
I honestly didn't even notice that before and now I can't unsee it. It's driving me nuts. Would it be fair game to remove it in Photoshop? Or would that be considered "cheating?"

Even easier than that is to crop the image:

$8850028589_33da3df4d2_z.jpg

Ah, so having the litter on the bottom is okay? I suppose it helps frame the subject a lot better. Thank you.

Is that the green spot that was distracting? I thought it was the tiny spot next to the head that was distracting. Maybe I misinterpreted that.

Is that the green spot that was distracting? I thought it was the tiny spot next to the head that was distracting. Maybe I misinterpreted that.

I cropped the grass in the corner, and a tiny green spot centered toward the bottom.

The greenish water is nothing to be concerned about. Besides, there are several of them anyway. You go start cloning out every single discoloration, and you're going to end up with a cartoon.

Litter be gone.

Attachments

• $8855094589_fee3a08f6b_z.jpg
    $8855094589_fee3a08f6b_z.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 64

Most reactions

Back