Zoo HDR

What camera did you use and how long between each 3 exposures??

The technique worked wonderfully in the first one! The one with the macaw has a tremendous amount of color noise, or that would have worked well as well. Wonderful concept!

Mark

PS. I think itd be great to have your normal zoo shots in their own thread as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

- the parrot shot was at ISO1600... less than an ideal setting on the 50d. The macaws were basically in the dark. :(

Great shots. The bird is my favourite and definitely worth applying some noise reduction. In fact getting rid of the noise helps to increase the appearance of the overall sharpness of the image. I also adjusted the black level to help overall saturation (just a personal preference).

191e99

I can't see it. I had already applied gaussian blur to the OOF area of that photo to reduce noise. Photomatix has a way of increasing the noise in a high ISO shot like nobody's business. It's very annoying. Maybe I should have done some NR on the original shots before putting them in photomatix?

I can't see it. I had already applied gaussian blur to the OOF area of that photo to reduce noise. Photomatix has a way of increasing the noise in a high ISO shot like nobody's business. It's very annoying. Maybe I should have done some NR on the original shots before putting them in photomatix?

I'll put them side by side. Maybe that will help:

Original
5050503715_defb004232_b.jpg

NR version
191e99

Most reactions

New Topics

Back