What's new

Zoo Shots - Posting inspired by Lightspeeds recent shots...

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
4,350
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beautiful Eyes!
DZ-bird1.jpg


Skin
DZ-Elephant-eye.jpg


The Penguin Look of Death! (lit from below... lights under the water... wierd look!) :)
DZ-penguin.jpg
 
I find zoos fun to shoot in. It's a hell of a lot cheaper then flying to Africa or any other species specific location.
 
I think # 1 is the best
#2 you don't have any of the eye, was the elephant never looking up?
#3 the shadow on the left side detracts
 
I find zoos fun to shoot in. It's a hell of a lot cheaper then flying to Africa or any other species specific location.

I agree.... I had a lot of fun last visit just shooting lorikeets! Where else can you go for this much variety? :)

keet.jpg
 
I think # 1 is the best
#2 you don't have any of the eye, was the elephant never looking up?
#3 the shadow on the left side detracts

Thanks.. I agree on #1

#2 is titled skin for a reason.. the eye is just there for context!

#3.. yea.. but that was what I liked about the shot.. the lighting from below.. the EYE with that glare.. and the weirdness of it!

Thanks for the C&C!
 
I love zoos. Nashville Zoo is about 2 miles from my home and I keep an annual membership. Great place to stop by for an hour or so for some critter shots.

Loved the Lorikeet. We have a bunch of them here as well. Do they sell little cups of nectar that the birds can drink there to?

And, I agree about beautiful eyes in #1. I'm not sure what kind of bird it is but the eyes are gorgeous.
 
Dig the Lorikeet, they are fun to shoot and easy to entice with a cop of nectar.

I think my favorite animal to shoot at the zoo has to be the Meerkats. They have some much personality and are all about posing.
 
I find zoos fun to shoot in. It's a hell of a lot cheaper then flying to Africa or any other species specific location.
Ain't that the truth. Sure, Africa gives you the chance to show the animals in their natural habitat, with vast expanses and such... but hey, few can pay for that trip.

Charlie, the lorikeet photo is the clear winner for me here. The one thing I'd suggest is to blur the background just one more bit so those hints of cage don't show. And I agree with you and the others, they eyes in #1 are to die for :lol:
 
I never even saw this until now.
The bird in number 1 is FANTASTIC.
Nice composition Gipson.
What the hell is that thing? He's pretty. Colorful.
 
I never even saw this until now.
The bird in number 1 is FANTASTIC.
Nice composition Gipson.
What the hell is that thing? He's pretty. Colorful.

Thanks! He is a member of the crane / stork family.. can't remember which now. Been a while! :)
 
Nice shots, what sort of focal length are you shooting at to get these shots?
 
Nice shots, what sort of focal length are you shooting at to get these shots?

I think I was using my 70-200 VRII that day.... mostly on the long end!
 
I find zoos fun to shoot in. It's a hell of a lot cheaper then flying to Africa or any other species specific location.

Agreed, Agreed, & Agreed!!!! I am going to Miami in 10 days and I am really excited for going to the zoo. I went to the National Zoo in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago it was a good time.
 
Excellent photos, I like them all!
 
My friends think Im weird because I go to the zoo to take pictures of the humans.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom