50mm for 350D

slimpickins70

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So i just bought a 350D w/ kit 18-55. i would like to do some indoor photos without flash or some night shots. the way i understand it a 50mm 1.8 would be good for a 35mm slr. what would the equivalent be for the 350D or should i just use the same lens on the the 350D and give up part of the picture? i don't think the kit lense would be to useful for low light situations. am i right or wrong?

Thanks

I use the 50mm 1.8prime on a 350D.
Yes the converstion makes it ermm 75mm?
which is still a good length for portrait work, alot of people use the 85mm on digital cameras, so 75mm is close.
The 50mm witll really help in low light situtaions aswell :)

Should definatly use it, a great and cheap addition to your kit.

I use that lens too!
It`s perfect for low light situation and portraiture. :thumbup:
If you`ll by it, take one of the first generation. The quality ist better than the second one. The first genaeration has a metal thread for example...

I have a 50mm F1.8 and I loved it on my film camera. On my digital, it is a bit long for my liking. It is, however, the least expensive lens...so that's why so many people use and recommend it.

You could also look at a 24mm, 28mm, 30mm F1.4 (sigma), or 35mm lenses.

I have the 50mm f1.8 mk II on my 350D, and I really like it!! It works great and didn't cost much. As mentioned above the first generation 50 has a better construction, but it also costs quite a bit more, if you can find one!!

Most reactions

Back