5D or 5DmkII or 50D

i want to thank everyone for commenting and helping out! it means a lot. here is where it stands now...i know the issues but am still very much on the fence and this is what i currently have....

5D (older model)
50D and love it

sold all lenses except the Canon 70-200L F2.8 and just got the Canon 24-105L F4. i sold my Canon 17-55 F2.8 since it was non-L.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the full frame sensor and love that i can now use my 70-200L like a real lens, whereas that crop factor was a handicap! I cannot stand looking through my 50D now, as I HATE crop!

i can return the 5D if i want but i love the FF and the photos look nice with it and it's $1000 less than the new 5D. i did a test today with the same CF card, same 24-105L lens, same settings, iso 1000 in my basement between the old 5D and 50D. the 50D looks so much better, sharper, clearer. the older 5D needs color correction and isn't as nice looking.

i have owned the 40D and HATED it. i won't get into why but it wasn't worth it. i sold it in less than a year. i hated it from the day i got it. underexposed stuff first off. anyway, that one is gone, so who cares.

what i want is full frame with nice looking shots in lower light. i don't care about iso 24000 or however high it goes. i plan on only shooting no higher than iso 1200 anyway. and, i was wondering, what if the new new 5D iso's 2400 is the older cameras' 800? what if it's all relative...that would not be good!

i'm really caught in the middle on this. i want and need FF but the image quality of the 50D with that glass is really nice. some have said the 5D takes nicer photos due to the processor, but the sensors are larger on the 5D so that is why it looks more pro.

i don't know which body to keep or get rid of to get the 5D mkII...... I am happy that i have L glass.....makes a massive difference.

Steve

Sounds like you want the full frame sensor and the current processor technology. The 5DmkII is what would get you that, so maybe you can sell your other two cameras and get that one. That's what I am going to do when I get the dough.

sounds like a great idea but i need 2 cameras. i need a backup while on shoots. i may sell the 50D and keep the 5D as a backup. it's a hard choice because i love the new processor but can't stand the crop factor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back