? about using photos...

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
..from public events. For instance I frequent allot of horse shows and want to use some of those pictures to put in my portfolio. I don't know the horses or the riders, is it exceptable for me to do this?

..from public events. For instance I frequent allot of horse shows and want to use some of those pictures to put in my portfolio. I don't know the horses or the riders, is it exceptable for me to do this?

It certainly is acceptable. Shots taken at public events certainly can be used in portfolios without violating any laws or rights.

skieur

Perhaps contact Jon the Elder...he does horses.

That came out funny, what I meant to say was that he photographs equestrian events.

I have. And he has been really wonderful to me sharing SO much information about his business. I just wanted to ask this out here :)

Thanks skier, I thought they probably would be but appreciate the confirmation.

You can use pictures taken at a public event for anything except promotion and endorsement. You can use a picture of someone in portfolios, on websites, in articles, etc. You can't use them and say, "Here's a picture of Joe, and he loves my work," or, "Here's a picture of Joe, and he uses Old Spice after shave."

Have Fun,
Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back