Africa Mission trip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ignoring you and your ignorance. :er:

You can say your ignoring me but I know your not. And its not because of "my ignorance" its because you have no rebutle. Or are you that brain washed that you believe what your doing is acceptable?

Just tell me that your not spreading your religous beliefs and Ill tell you your doing a great thing. You cant becuase your on a "mission" A mission to get people to believe what you believe. So narrow minded, and selfish.

You can say your ignoring me but I know your not. And its not because of "my ignorance" its because you have no rebutle. Or are you that brain washed that you believe what your doing is acceptable?

Just tell me that your not spreading your religous beliefs and Ill tell you your doing a great thing. You cant becuase your on a "mission" A mission to get people to believe what you believe. So narrow minded, and selfish.

My mission is not centering around turning people into christians who are already not (tons of them already are). We are here teaching a choose to wait program (wait to have sex until marriage) so we can try and stop the aids cycle where it begins.

My mission is not centering around turning people into christians who are already not (tons of them already are). We are here teaching a choose to wait program (wait to have sex until marriage) so we can try and stop the aids cycle where it begins.

I have been asked to not comment about what your doing.

Ugh, mission trips make me sick. Absolutely sick. What are they coloring pictures of white people for anyways, sort of historically inaccurate? Why do people have to put themselves into other cultures and change them, subtly or otherwise? That seems wrong to me. Here's an idea, this is pretty crazy by the way, so brace yourself: maybe your God isn't the right one or only one for the entire world.

"Sure, you can have some food...if you believe what we tell you is true."

Edit: As I read a few posts above me, the original poster says the people over there were Christians when you got there? And you don't think that is from previous mission trips? Come on. Stop AIDS where it starts? AIDS will still be there when there is a ring on the ol' finger. But yeah, it's always good to have kids color stupid, inaccurate, brain-washing pictures. What better way to stop AIDS than have famished children color Jesus?

People! Let's focus on what this Forum is all about, pictures. Please leave Religion aside or at least take your religious debates on a PM level.

This is simply not about who's God is better or worse, this is about pictures. You like the pictures, you say so. You don't, you don't! You want to bring up constructive criticism (about pictures), go right ahead, but please, please leave Religion out of this Forum. After all it's this Forum's rules, in case you have not read them I encourage you to revisit them.

People! Let's focus on what this Forum is all about, pictures. Please leave Religion aside or at least take your religious debates on a PM level.

This is simply not about who's God is better or worse, this is about pictures. You like the pictures, you say so. You don't, you don't! You want to bring up constructive criticism (about pictures), go right ahead, but please, please leave Religion out of this Forum. After all it's this Forum's rules, in case you have not read them I encourage you to revisit them.

You couldn't have sent me something of that effect in a PM. Kind of hypocritical.

So, about the photos...which I was talking about (subject matter, yeah?). They are terrible. I don't like them at all. They are a representation of all that is wrong with Western "civilization". Technically, the shots are good enough, good enough that none of them stood out as awful. Subject matter wise, the shots are abysmal, and I wish they didn't exist.

You couldn't have sent me something of that effect in a PM. Kind of hypocritical.

Not at all, my comment was not directed only at you but the rest of the people trying to discuss their religious views.

So, about the photos...which I was talking about (subject matter, yeah?). They are terrible. I don't like them at all. They are a representation of all that is wrong with Western "civilization". Technically, the shots are good enough, good enough that none of them stood out as awful. Subject matter wise, the shots are abysmal, and I wish they didn't exist.

Do you hate very shot if any foreign country that is less fortunate then the west?

Do you hate very shot if any foreign country that is less fortunate then the west?

MODERATOR. You asked me not to coment and I wont but you cant let coments like this just go. I suggest you delete this thread. The Poster is egging us on.

I think you'll also find that politics is off the agenda as far as TPF is concerned. Can we please concentrate on the images as images and take the rest somewhere else - it is not appropriate.

Please also bear in mind that there has already been one warning by a Moderator regarding the conduct of this thread and it can end up in the Trash Can if that's where you really want to take it.

I have looked at all of your photos, and I liked 069,060,055,020,072 and 024. The look on 024 is very powerful. I find it kind of worrying for some reason. The very last photo is a a great shot, but I find it hard to pick a best shot. However, Im unsure why you posted so many photos, there are clearly some great shots and some poor ones too, these poor shots, I find in terms of boring, and uninspiring. I guess it comes down to opinion, maybe you just wanted to show people as much of what you are doing as possible, but knowing you take some great shots, I'm ? to why you posted so many ordinary ones.

I have looked at all of your photos, and I liked 069,060,055,020,072 and 024. The look on 024 is very powerful. I find it kind of worrying for some reason. The very last photo is a a great shot, but I find it hard to pick a best shot. However, Im unsure why you posted so many photos, there are clearly some great shots and some poor ones too, these poor shots, I find in terms of boring, and uninspiring. I guess it comes down to opinion, maybe you just wanted to show people as much of what you are doing as possible, but knowing you take some great shots, I'm ? to why you posted so many ordinary ones.

Thank you for the complements! Im glad we are getting back to the pictures :) Exactly which ones do u think I should remove?

Its not that I think you should remove any pictures. I'm definitely not a professional. But from your strong criticism on a lot of photographs posted, I was suprised why you put so many pictures that are clearly of less standard than some of your others. I definitely liked a handful of those photos so no arguments there. The photos I didn't really find interesting were.

067,066,065,064,062,059,057,051,048,047 and 074.

I was going to say 53 but I looked again and liked the young kid in the background how he was alone but still watching the scene.

Again I'm only new at photography, but I've been told by a number of top photographers to only show your best work. and I think there are clear winners in your work. But maybe then other people will disagree with me and find those photos good. Not everyone likes the same piece of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back