Votes: 4 26.7%
  • "Not that great, but there's potential. Keep trying!"

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • "Meh."

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • "Yeeeaaahh, maybe you should leave this stuff to PixelRabbit."

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Interesting. Do you mean directly vertical or sort of diagonal like Wade's shot? (And technically, Flickr added the "texture" tag. It's doing that these days, I guess - auto tagging photos. So I can't take credit for the tag.)

Directly vertical.
I don't like auto-tagging, they added Chocolate my tostada picture (chocolate ground beef?).

I agree its not bad, but keep trying. If you're doing true ICM and you are standing still, but you are moving the camera, trees will almost always work better using slow vertical movements.; preferably from bottom upward so you don't pull too much of the sky into the shot. :)

Side note to clarify "true ICM" : most online groups specific to the ICM genre , will not allow blurred images to be posted that are made via shooting from a car, panning, or blurred by zooming in or out when pressing the shutter. :)

Directly vertical.
I don't like auto-tagging, they added Chocolate my tostada picture (chocolate ground beef?).

Ew.

(I don't like the auto-tagging either, even if it doesn't create gross taste combinations on my photos. It's just creepy. Flickr is going all creepy stalker.)

I agree its not bad, but keep trying. If you're doing true ICM and you are standing still, but you are moving the camera, trees will almost always work better using slow vertical movements.; preferably from bottom upward so you don't pull too much of the sky into the shot. :)

Side note to clarify "true ICM" : most online groups specific to the ICM genre , will not allow blurred images to be posted that are made via shooting from a car, panning, or blurred by zooming in or out when pressing the shutter. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

What do we think?

We like the texture and range of tone, but the overall composition is not good in this one.

I imagine that unless and until you get more experience with the technique, a really good composition is going to be a matter of luck.

View attachment 105257

What kind of TPF Alternate Universe have I awakened into this morning? All SIX of us have voted identically? WTF?
Amazing! I voted without looking at the current results, and WHOA! 8 votes in the same choice, and no others!

Designer said:
Derrel said:
View attachment 105257

What kind of TPF Alternate Universe have I awakened into this morning? All SIX of us have voted identically? WTF?
Amazing! I voted without looking at the current results, and WHOA! 8 votes in the same choice, and no others!

Hey, some dude named Rod Serling is calling me on my iPhone...

We're turning into Stepford TPFers on this one.

I've played with it a little, mostly with my digital camera, but I can get Polaroids with unintentional blur - I can give you that! lol Or sports with mumbling to myself blur, not so good.

Last edited:
Uh oh, I went against the crowd... Where is PR :biggrin-new:

Ah yes, the miracle is over. Most think it's middling and one thinks it's a bit worse than that. A few think it's not bad, and one thinks it sucks. I'll try not to cry too hard at that last one ;)

Most reactions

Back