Another desktop thread.... with a poll

Do you use your own image(s) for your wallpaper, or something else?

• I always use my own image(s)

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • I never use my own image(s)

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I sometimes use my own image(s)

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Nerts to this..... let's discuss BACON!

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, we have a "What's on your desktop?" thread.......... but:

Do you use your own images for your wallpaper, or something else?

I said "sometimes," but I'm a little miffed that it wouldn't let me choose the bacon option too. :boggled:

Until fairly recently, I rarely used my own images for the desktop screen. I used them often for the screen saver, but just somehow never bothered to set either my home or work computer up to have my own images on the desktop. Now that I've done so, I doubt I'll go back to using other photos--but I might still occasionally use other graphics, so I guess my answer would STILL be "sometimes." Sometimes meaning, "almost always." :D

Now I need to go take a picture of bacon. And then eat it. The bacon, not the picture.

I use my own images but voted "sometimes" becuase every few weeks my daughter will hack my laptop (and tablet) and change my background and lock screens to goofy selfies of her and the dog.

Usually just what comes with Windows, and themes I download. Very rarely I'll point it to my photos folder. But sitting here thinking about it, I may create a folder just for processed images that I like and have them flipped every day or so.

I don't like my pictures enough to have them as my background. I'm just using the default OSX Yosemite wallpaper.

I do sometimes, but most of the time it's some generic landscape photography or one of my favorite photographer's pics.

I have a gallery which I update from time to time, with the images cropped and sharpened to display properly on either my laptop screen or my desktop screens. I use the laptop for sales presentations, and it has happened quite a few times that people get really interested in the pictures showing up as the background, and that allows me to have a more involved conversation than what I would usually have if we're strictly sales/business. When visiting family, I have a different gallery which shows the latest family gathering or other event.

I voted always. For the previous 1.5 out of two years it's been our most recent family portrait I took. When I finally got tired of that, I started switching it out for whatever picture that I like at the time.
My iPad and phone are always stuff I've taken as well. Either water drops or kid related shots.

I used to create slideshows of the kids and use those as wallpapers or screensavers.

Never with the current computer.

95% are mine, but due to the other inferior 5%, I had to say sometimes :allteeth:

I am not that vain. ;)

Always. If I didn't like my own photos, who would?

I am not that vain. ;)

I am. ;)

Seriously, I do only put my own photos on my desktop. I use the ones that remind me of a great day or a particularly good sunset or my how cute my kitties are. If I have to spend a lot of time at the computer doing work, at least I should have something to look at to cheer me up.

Most reactions

Back