archiving photos to cd

StvShoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rpi.edu
i couldn't find the thread where people were discussing how solvents in markers can eat through cd's, so i make a new thread :)

i just want to suggest that if you're digital, and you have a lot of photos burned to cd's, re-burn em!
not only am i avoiding the evil solvents, i'm getting out of the horror of disorganization :oops:

whenever i had enough pics to warrant burning a cd, i would burn them and delete them off my hard drive. pretty simple... it seemed.
but now that i'm going back and re-archiving, IT'S HELL!! :fangs:

often, i would burn images that i wasn't sure if i had burned before, "just to be safe". so now i'm stuck with redundancies in every nook and cranny. i would usually burn more than just photos to the cd's, whatever i thought needed to be saved at the time, so as i re-archive i'm separating out the content too.

aside from that, for my 2002 school year, i was using a camera checked out from the arts department... which did not have a correct date/time setting. so i don't know when i took my stuff... :?

after a week and 3 failed starts, it's clear to me that a little organization beforehand makes things a lot easier later :!:

I don't know how correct this is but ...

When I archive to a CD I only burn one job per CD. CD's burn from the inside out.

So I use a CD marking pen and write along the outside edge and do my best not to let the ink write over the area that has the data.

So far it hasn't been a problem. I'm still using some templates I burned this way five years ago.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Most reactions

Back