Be careful who you buy from

Where this scam is going to flourish is craigslist, where it's a cash transaction, no refunds, no way to dispute it.
They will only give an email address for contact info and meet at a store parking lot somewhere. By the time the mark finds out (if they find out) there's nothing that can be done.

Where this scam is going to flourish is craigslist, where it's a cash transaction, no refunds, no way to dispute it.
They will only give an email address for contact info and meet at a store parking lot somewhere. By the time the mark finds out (if they find out) there's nothing that can be done.

Yes this can be the case, but then Nikon also siad what to look for. It is really up to you to be careful when purchasing anything second hand from anyone. If I was meeting someone for a camera then I would insist on trying it right there first. To not do so is plain stupid, and becomes a case of you getting what you deserve. If someone has an excuse as to why you cannot try it out, then just leave. I always tell people we can meet at the local PD station to conclude business. But then I also wear a sidearm at these meets as well. Got to love Arizona. In the end it is your responsibility to be the smart one when it comes to buying used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back